• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tupups Beautiful Girl -Ruby

Brian M

Hi

Just introducing tupups little Cavalier girl named Ruby ,unfortunately as per tupups post of last Tuesday she was diagnosed with SM ,this is another tragic case of this horrendous disease that so afflicts our wonderful breed of Charles King Cavalier Spaniels .

And another unfortunate example of why we must all try to help our beloved dogs by whatever means we can, hence the reason why tupup came up with the original idea of our Pet Owners Petition to support the Club members one and why we keep on urging all Cavalier pet owners who havent signed to please consider doing so ,especially when you look at the pictures of tupups beautiful little girl named Ruby who is now affected by this cursed thing called SM.

3500975058_c698d1119a.jpg

3500982054_f77ff36323.jpg

3500218355_d1bbec86af.jpg

Take care little one.:)

Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Ami :):dgwlk:

and

Luke ,Dawn and brian

Brian thank you soo much for putting them on board for me, your so clever but im now sitting here in tears, the 1st time ive cried since we got the diagnoses, she's such a perfect little girl & so doesnt deserve to have this...i cant put anymore for now im too upset-back later when ive pulled mysef togetther

she's such a perfect little girl & so doesnt deserve to have this...i cant put anymore for now im too upset-back later when ive pulled mysef togetther

Yes you are so right tupup she and all the others who suffer from this debilitating disease do not deserve the pain they go through, and the heartache that it causes the owners.
I would like to ask the h*lpof all the members on the board who have'nt already signed the petition do so, time is running out.

Nanette

tupup, Ruby is beautiful. So sorry to read of her diagnosis of SM, my heart goes out to you and Ruby, they are such a beautiful breed and you can find no better(y) makes me sad that they go through such distressing illnesses such as SM and MVD.:(

I have 3 cavaliers but only signed once. Is that proper or should I sign 2 more times? In regards to the disease lets put it this way. I have gone to hell and back and have aged 10 years in 4 months. Think that about sums it up.

HI linderbelle

You have three lots of love therefore that equals three signatures ,just like me.:)

Warmest Wishes

brian :):):):dgwlk::dgwlk::dgwlk:

topup, she is beautiful we are all going through this, you are not alone, united we stand, the best we can do for them is help claire rusbridge find out what the actual cause is and what we can do to prevent this from exculating futher, these dogs are just suffering for nothing, im sure there is alot more of this to come, everytime i see i lovely cavalier puppy i think "but has it got sm". I now know more cavaliers with sm than without. di

tupup--its good to cry. I'm not a crier. In fact it takes ALOT to make me cry. I have shed so many tears through my ordeal with Abbey. When I went recently to have my physical I said to the doctor--I'm sure my bp is up and told her why I thought so. I am on bp meds. I about fell off the table when they took it and it was the lowest it had been since I had been diagnosed with high bp about 10 years ago. I said to her do you think its because I have cried so much etc. She said could be. Made me think that that could be why I have high bp in the first place. Hun I have cried in the vets, at the neurologists etc. I have compared all my crying to about the same as when my mother passed away. The pain of my losing my mom was probably the worst pain in my life but Abbey sure follows a close second. I even lost twins in my 6th month of pregnancy and Abbey was worse than that. Course that was many many years ago so time does heal and once you have healed its hard to remember how much pain you were in etc. I have been thinking of you alot but haven't hardly been on and wondering how you have been doing.

Thanks everyone-isnt she just such a cutie, i call her monkey a lot but she isnt one at all she's so good, at work my custs say you wouldnt even know she was there, she sits in her own wee chair watching or snoozing!
the getting upset just took me sideways i guess, ive kept busy non stop since tues but it hit me that no matter what i do she's got it. as ive put before she spent her 1st 4years in a puppy farm & ive tried to make her as spoilt& loved as is humanly possible since to make it better for her& wanted nothing but fun& happiness for the rest of her life & now this, its too cruel, & yes linderbelle you summed it up! Non of our babies should have to go thro this
I have now eaten m&s cake to cheer me up- well im never going to be a size 8 again! so normal service resumes....
plse help us with this, if you havnt already signed plse do, i would love nothing more than that in a few years time we have no more posts like these to read because the testing has all but wiped out this condition-overly optimistic maybe but we wont know that unless we try

I am so sorry to hear that your Ruby has SM. It makes me so sad.
It seems like every week someone on the Forum has their Cavalier diagnosed with SM. It makes me angry when people play it down. Like at my training Club one of the guys has a Cavalier and a German Shepherd and he ask me why on earth I have a harness on my dog. I mentioned SM and he smiled and said only 2% of Cavaliers got SM. I got really angry and told him that I know a lot of people with Cavaliers that have SM and that he is just repeating what he has heard some where and to have a good look at his lovely Cavalier as I have seen it scratch a lot at training. Some people are just ignorant.

tupup,
What a little star you've got. All of us cavalier lovers owe it to this fantastic little breed to do all we can to find out all we can about this terrible disease and help make it a thing of the past.

Mel

That second picture of Ruby in her cute little pjs is just so sweet. She looks like an absolute angel - and angels shouldn't have to suffer with SM like she is and so many other Cavaliers (my Riley included). I've signed four times for each of my babies.

Thank you sincerely for all your support, it does mean a lot:)
There are many valid points made in all your posts & i couldnt agree more,we have to try everything to eradicate this illness.
ive said it before but there are far too many of us who have little ones affected by SM, from those showing symptoms to those, like linderbelles Abbey post op,& my heart goes out to each & everyone,:hug:to you all

Back