• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I feel very honored right now because of Rod Russell and Cavalierhealth.org

linderbelle

Rod Russell that edits the VERY valuable cavalier health site e-mailed me saying that he has put a link to Abbey's blog on his site and yep I checked and its there. It has really truly hit my heart as my whole deal on doing that blog was to help others which was very important to me and at the same time it was a way of releasing what I was feeling. I almost feel like crying right now and hard to explain the emotions as only ones that have or are experiencing the feelings with the disease can maybe understand what I am feeling. It is really quite a honor to Abbey for that to be on that site and thank you so much Rod as it honors Abbey and all the hayull she went through for 5 years before we found out that there was something more wrong with her.

Thank you from the bottom of OUR hearts.

Abbey, Linda and George

p.s.--I'm giving it my dayumnest to help spread the word and its working!!!!

:):):):):):)

I like rod russel, he isnt afraid to say what he thinks and isnt fazed at all by bulchy dog breeders, (not on this site):D im sure he added your blog because its an excellent source of info and support for anyone whose maybe going through the same thing, or like me hasnt a clue about the problems with sm or wether surgery would be a good idea. Thankyou for shareing it with everyone. di

Linderbelle thats wonderful, well done you& Rod russell. it really is an honour & just think how many more people it will help who are struggling with this difficult illness.If it wasnt for sites like our CT & others like it, it would be unbelievably difficult to live with not knowing where to turn or how to get help
keep spreading the word!

Linda, that is great news. And, your site is very worthy of being on Rod's health site. It will help so many people.

Linda, I am so pleased for you. I know you must have found it hard to write in your blog at times but it is so valuable and educational. It certainly opened my eyes and gave me a different perspective. Thank you. :hug:

Linda, that is wonderful! I want to get over there and read your blog. I take my last final tomorrow and then I will have a little time. (2 weeks before classes start back up). I will check it out!
You are very brave to have to dwell on and write down all the difficult stuff that you do. Keep it up! Abbey just has no idea she is becoming a celebrity of sorts!

I still can't go back and read it. I will one day. I know some days when I wrote I was in alot of pain and I'm sure my words reflected that. I was also very honest in what I wrote.

Pauline how did it open your eyes since Dylan has it also??????

There is still so much more than I can do to help spread the word. I need to do a flyer and fax it to every vet in the town where I live. Even if the disease is as widespread as it is today then vets need to learn about this to catch the signs so referrals are made and there is a better chance etc.

Maybe that is something that we all can do that have access to fax machines is fax vets close to where we live etc.

Pauline how did it open your eyes since Dylan has it also??????

I had never had any evidence of a huge improvement after surgery, until I saw your YouTube. I've read about it but I needed to see that for myself. With the extent of Abbey's symptoms, I'd say you did the right thing whereas before I was not convinced. I also had issues with the recovery process but reading your blog made it seem manageable.

It's still not for us but I can see how with some dogs it's the right thing.

You and Abbey deserve it.

Your blog is such a powerful account of what owners and their SM affected dogs can go through.

I think you were wonderful.

Margaret C

Oh thank you Margaret but I'm no different than anybody else on here. I just wanted to help my daughter and after her surgery took care of her just like a 2-legged daughter. Every single person on this board thinks of their dogs like their children and that is what is so dang great about all the people on here.

I just came upon this thread today. I appreciate the comments. I hope that Linda's and Abbey's blog will be helpful to many viewers wanting to find out what owners and their Cavaliers go through with SM. I hope that Linda keeps adding to it frequently.

Back