• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bandit or Lizzie ate a Zyrtec!

brotymo

Crap...you would know it! I gave my daughter her Zyrtec this morning and she set it on the coffee table for a second (a big no-no, but she did it) while she was blowing her nose. One of the dogs ate the Zyrtec and I don't even know which one! UGh! I called the emergency vet (it was at 6:30 this morning) and they felt it would be okay. They said I could induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide, but that whoever took it should be fine...if anything the Zyrtec might give them stomach upset.
Looking online I see that Zyrtec is used for allergies in dogs, so I am less worried, but still, I do worry since they are so small (not quite 14 lbs). I have a Calculus final exam in two hours. I MUST go take this and I hate to leave them. I'll be gone for 3 hours, leaving here almost 3 hours after they took it. I just am worried and can't believe the suckish timing!

back from my final. Everybody seems unaffected, so, whew, I will just have to be more careful when giving the kids meds. Something like tylenol or motrin would have been serious.

That is good news! Tricky ate a Zyrtec-D awhile back too. Really frightened me, but was lucky he showed no outward problems.

Thankfully no cavvys were hurt, but I wanted to tell you that Teddy was on Zyrtec for his allergies. So I was going to tell you not to worry.

Hi Suzie! I have a friend whose dog is on Zyrtec every day for allergies. Glad Lizzie and Bandit are ok.

Hi Suzie! I have a friend whose dog is on Zyrtec every day for allergies. Glad Lizzie and Bandit are ok.

Thanks Holly! They are good. Hope Rosie's babies are doing well. I still can't get over that adorable tri. You must stay in touch with whoever buys her. I want to see photos when she is grown. What a unique girl she will be!

You probably are fine but be ever so careful, my last dog Einstein (poodle and pomeranian mix...smart as a whip hence the name) chewed the lid off a bottle of tylenol and we are not sure how many he ate. Long story short over a few months he started having problems and finally had kidney failure. He was 12 years old and I blame myself so much...I waited 10 years before I got Yoko and am so very careful about what I leave out now because little ones can find anything we leave about. In our case the bottle was on the coffee table with the child proof lid securely on but as a chew toy the lid came off and well to this day I have a lot of guilt over that....

Back