PDA

View Full Version : Does your Cav's Dream alot?????

luvhavinbgtwins
7th May 2009, 01:28 PM
I know its a funny question....but Rex when he is in a deep sleep he does some crazy things...last night he let out this itty bitty whine his eyes where a little open (he does this alot) and then it was like he was kicking one paw and then he got some mouth thing going on....He has done it a few times...some times its just little but other times you would think he is chasing something big.....

leesanlucie
7th May 2009, 04:15 PM
Well i have 2 cavs,Lucie my 3 yr old and Sasha who is 11 mths.

My Lucie dreams all the time....quite often while lying on her back you hear her doing short barks and the legs moving as if she is running.Sometimes she gets rather loud and can look a bit upset so we wake her up.She has done this ever since we got her as a pup.
However Sasha has only ever did this once....and since then nothing!

Love my Cavaliers
7th May 2009, 05:45 PM
All four of my dogs do it. They make all sorts of sounds and movements while sleeping. They have rapid eye movements, sometimes the eyes aren't fully closed, their arms and legs jerk around a little like running, and sometimes the front paws kind of wag back and forth. They give little snorts and breathe heavier. Sometimes we just sit and laugh at them. Oz in particular is vocal when he's asleep - but he's the most vocal when he's awake too.

luvhavinbgtwins
7th May 2009, 06:31 PM
I am glad cuz yes its funny but you just get a little worried at first..The 1st time I was very worried...then as the days go by and he has done this more I am not so worried.:D

hwowen
7th May 2009, 08:35 PM
Oh yes - umph wumph ....(mime running in sleep) .... fast breathing like he's running haha ... the works ;):rolleyes:

BIZA
7th May 2009, 09:01 PM
I have been asking my doggy friends if dogs have nightmares as Roger often wakes up whining and has to come and get a cuddle he is all panty and worried, when i have patted him and calmed him he goes down the bottom of the bed and back to sleep.Sometimes he does this two or three times a night, sometimes he just wakes up and comes up to check i'm still there. He was a puppy farm stud dog who i got nearly a year ago aged 9yrs and has nerve damage and was scared about having a fuss made of him but now loves a cuddle and has to go to bed with his toy duck.

Susanna
7th May 2009, 09:31 PM
I used to be worried about my Brian dreaming so much, with the eye-rolling, whimpering, moving legs, etc, and I used to be tempted to wake him up, thinking he was having nightmares. But when he wakes up on his own shortly after, he seems calm and happy not upset so I guess he was having happy, playful dreams!

ilsamom
7th May 2009, 10:54 PM
I love the sound of the bark she makes when she's dreaming, like a muffled bark. It is also so sweet when her tail wags, I know she's having a happy dream. My favorite is when she appears to be eating and wagging her tail, I always wonder what treat she's dreaming of.

Jen and Ilsa

Masterofsparks
8th May 2009, 12:11 AM
It always seems so adorable when Yoko has her little dreams, she barks a little and her legs are going like she is chasing something! She hardly ever barks when awake.....I would love to be able to know what is going on in that little mind of hers!

Davy
8th May 2009, 12:21 AM
SianE has many types of dreams

there the common 'chasing rabbits' dream where they look like they are running. Especially funny if she is sleeping on her back and looks like she is tap dancing.

The satchmo dream where her whole face twitches and she blows out her cheeks. She also talks while having this dream.

But my favourite is the wagging tail dream. Her whole body is as stiff as a board but her tail is wagging like mad. The first time was in the middle of the night and I wondered what the hell that banging noise was only to find out it was her dreaming. Sometimes her tail is wagging so hard, she lifts her whole body up.

lorebringer
8th May 2009, 09:07 AM
All of mine are regular dreamers - sometimes it's just twitching and making the odd noise, other times it's legs flailing about, tail wagging and lots of noise. One of mine sometimes has leg spasms (while awake and asleep) which makes his leg kick out and a while ago he banged his leg off the radiator, woke himself up with the noise and ran out into the garden barking like a lunatic. He must have been mid-dream becuase after a few seconds he was standing in the middle of the garden looking very confused as to how he got there. Needless to say, we laughed - a lot! :D