• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poor little Cavalier left to roam

MadPip

Update - Poor little Cavalier left to roam

OH was round his mothers house yesterday using her driveway to valet his car (we're selling it). As he drove into the street where she lives there was a fat tricolour CKCS in the road. He managed to avoid her, parked up on his mums driveway and found she'd followed him round. Well, they made friends and she sat with OH for 3 hours while he worked on his car, but darted towards every car that came in. His mum wasn't in, so he couldn't ask her if she knew who the dog belonged to, and he wasn't able to get hold of the dogwarden.
Found out today which house the dog belongs to, and his mum says it's always wandering unsupervised. :swear: So he's going to ring the dog warden tomorrow and hopefully they'll intervene before this little one gets run over. I'll keep you updated as to what happens. I have said that he's to tell the dogwarden to let us know if the family don't want it any more. We've got two, one more wouldn't hurt. :D

Last edited:
Unbelievable what some people do. I'm too cross to even type about a dog I once found on a VERY busy road. I saved that dog only to be told it's a good dog and won't wonder near the road. I almost couldn't speak as I saw it trot off towards the road side. :eek:

You do wonder where these people leave their brains cells :eek:
I think its disgusting leaving a poor little dog like that to be left outside, anything can happen to it.
I do hope you get a chance at homing the poor dog. Some people are just stupid and make me want to scream. They don't have to have dogs, its not mandatory:x
Good luck and keep us updated.

poor little fella. Sound like he wanted some attention. Why do people think dogs can understand the dangers of the road and avoid them? VERY few dogs figure that out...and they shouldn't even have to.

Sometimes such dogs seem to happily disappear and end up being rehomed... icon_whistling

Some people just don't care......... :swear: Yesterday I saw a beautiful dog (looked like a German Shepard Mix) that was very sweet, wondering the streets. My friends and I managed to get the dog on a lead and we walked him around the block hoping someone would spot him. Finally we found the owner! All I am hoping, is that the owners pay better attention of what their dog is doing!

I dragged a wandering Beagle off the road last week. I have to say it wasn't particularly appreciative. Honestly, what kind of idiot lets a scent-dog like a Beagle wander near busy roads? If that dog gets stuck into an interesting smell, it'll be strawberry jam in no time, 'road wise' or not! Grrr.

It would be nice if you could add it to your Family. It sounds in need of some affection and it would be safe.

Sometimes such dogs seem to happily disappear and end up being rehomed... icon_whistling
This is how Maddy came to us. She was found wandering the streets & she was in season, bless her :( She was taken to the pound but (thankfully for us) no-one claimed her. She is the sweetest, gentlest dog, which makes it even more unbelievable that anyone could not even bother to look for her. I still can't bear to think how frightend she must have been. Their loss is definitely our gain - & hers as she is loved more than ever :)

I found a beautiful well cared for Yorkshire terrier(newly clipped) playing dodge with the trucks just off the Dual carriageway on my way home from work last week.Noone in the vicinity knew who owned him and some construction workers(very rare species) told me that he'd been with them all day and they were going to take him to the CSPCA home after work, so I took him up there myself.Hopefully the little boy is safe with his family or rehomed.:(

Have played 'dodge' with rush hour traffic on a hazardous bend myself to bundle a huge German Shepherd into my boot a couple of months ago!! I couldn't believe how many people were just weaving round her. 'It's not my problem' seems to be a common attitude. I relied upon a lifetime around animals and sheer luck that she would be glad to be rescued and not savage me :eek: Turned out she was lovely.
When we finally located the owners, they were quite nonplussed. 'Oh right, thanks' was the attitude .... I think they would have been more worried if they'd lost their mobile. Still - she seemed pleased to see them :confused:

ha ha I agree, there is a cavalier down the road from us and twice we brought it home, the first time it was in a neighbours house and was attacked by their dog so they called us because they knew we had two cavaliers so I went down and brought it home. Dad let it sleep in his house because it didnt like other dogs (!) and he walked it up and down the road the next day before ringing the dog warden. They came anc collected the dog. He called the vet too and the owners had reported the dog missing that day (the day after it went missing). Turns out it was one of the neighbours and dad had been walking the dog past their house.

John found him another day on the road and was nearly run over. All they say is oh did he get out again when you ring.

I was so annoyed and he looks like he does not get enough food. I never see them walking the dog either. The last time I was tempted to keep him!!!

:dogwlk: seems like the best thing that could happen.

The dog warden's going to go round and speak to the family and keep us updated. :xfngr: a bit of timely education will do the trick. If not, the next time we're round there and see her wandering we may return her ourselves, and hint that we're looking for another dog..................

I'll keep you updated. (y)

Haven't heard anything from the dog warden, but have been to the mother-in-laws and she says the dog is still roaming, but is also coming and barking at her door (probably looking for OH. I've never known a dog not to love him:l*v:). I can feel another phone call coming on. Unluckily, or luckily, we didn't see the poor little mite today.

Oh keep trying, they obviously don't care for this dog and certainly don't deserve it. Fingers crossed you can sort this out.

Back