PDA

View Full Version : Puppys and Gas??

luvhavinbgtwins
11th May 2009, 04:32 PM
Does some food give your little ones or your big ones Gas Big time....

I started giving the BLUE lamb puppy food and boy Rex has Gas so bad....I thought I was going to pass out just a min. ago LOL!

WoodHaven
11th May 2009, 04:45 PM
Does some food give your little ones or your big ones Gas Big time....

I started giving the BLUE lamb puppy food and boy Rex has Gas so bad....I thought I was going to pass out just a min. ago LOL!

I'd add some prozyme to the food. Also sometimes feeding more often will help. My dogs rarely get flatulence-- usually only when they get a stomach upset.

Masterofsparks
12th May 2009, 01:48 AM
Luckily Yoko only has a little stinker now and again! Although I tease the wife that now she has an excuse when she does....The dog did it!

brotymo
12th May 2009, 03:33 AM
Mine get gas BAD for a few days when I rotate to a new food. It then tapers off and I only get the random deadly gas attack from them...which is usually timed for maximum embarassment!

Lani
12th May 2009, 03:54 AM
Does Rex eat really fast? (gulp his food?)

Sparky was getting really gassy and I switched him to a special bowl to slow down his eating and it that has helped a tremendously. Not sure if that is the problem for you but just something to consider.

Cathy T
12th May 2009, 04:55 AM
I couldn't figure out what caused Jake to be sooo gassy as a puppy.....and then realized it was the freeze dried liver treats we were using for training. Once I cut those out he was fine.

You've gotten some good suggestions above. Once I got mine on a really good food we had no more problems.

AliceAbbyBellaDaphne
12th May 2009, 04:57 AM
All of my dogs occasionally do the "Farts of Death" as we call them here. It was MUCH worse when they were on a food with barley in it. We even stayed on the food for awhile to see if it would subside - but it got worse and one of my dogs started throwing up the food as well.... Some foods can cause dogs to be more gassy than others, definently! I also have noticed that they can be gassier if I have let them have rawhide - we don't give it very often, I know it's bad for them - but we occasionally give the compressed rawhide bones from Target. I think they get gassier from pieces they have swallowed??? (FYI my dogs had the least gas when they were on Nutro Natural Choice Lamb Meal & Rice dog food. I wish it hadn't gotten so expensive with us having to feed 5 dogs!) Our herd has currently developed more gas than I would like on their current food, I may have to check into probiotics or some natural remedy, because other than that the food is going really well...