• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppys and Gas??

luvhavinbgtwins

Does some food give your little ones or your big ones Gas Big time....

I started giving the BLUE lamb puppy food and boy Rex has Gas so bad....I thought I was going to pass out just a min. ago LOL!

Does some food give your little ones or your big ones Gas Big time....

I started giving the BLUE lamb puppy food and boy Rex has Gas so bad....I thought I was going to pass out just a min. ago LOL!

I'd add some prozyme to the food. Also sometimes feeding more often will help. My dogs rarely get flatulence-- usually only when they get a stomach upset.

Luckily Yoko only has a little stinker now and again! Although I tease the wife that now she has an excuse when she does....The dog did it!

Mine get gas BAD for a few days when I rotate to a new food. It then tapers off and I only get the random deadly gas attack from them...which is usually timed for maximum embarassment!

Does Rex eat really fast? (gulp his food?)

Sparky was getting really gassy and I switched him to a special bowl to slow down his eating and it that has helped a tremendously. Not sure if that is the problem for you but just something to consider.

I couldn't figure out what caused Jake to be sooo gassy as a puppy.....and then realized it was the freeze dried liver treats we were using for training. Once I cut those out he was fine.

You've gotten some good suggestions above. Once I got mine on a really good food we had no more problems.

All of my dogs occasionally do the "Farts of Death" as we call them here. It was MUCH worse when they were on a food with barley in it. We even stayed on the food for awhile to see if it would subside - but it got worse and one of my dogs started throwing up the food as well.... Some foods can cause dogs to be more gassy than others, definently! I also have noticed that they can be gassier if I have let them have rawhide - we don't give it very often, I know it's bad for them - but we occasionally give the compressed rawhide bones from Target. I think they get gassier from pieces they have swallowed??? (FYI my dogs had the least gas when they were on Nutro Natural Choice Lamb Meal & Rice dog food. I wish it hadn't gotten so expensive with us having to feed 5 dogs!) Our herd has currently developed more gas than I would like on their current food, I may have to check into probiotics or some natural remedy, because other than that the food is going really well...

Back