PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers+others from Texas puppy mill

frecklesmom
11th May 2009, 08:53 PM
So glad they are out. Texas has been freeing many Cavaliers

Houston SPCA provides shelter to dogs seized in puppy mill raid

01:35 PM CDT on Monday, May 11, 2009

By Brad Woodard / 11 News] Authorities in McLennan County are calling it one of the worst cases of animal cruelty they’ve ever seen. Sheriff’s deputies and animal control officers there have seized roughly 150 puppies found living in deplorable conditions at an alleged puppy mill in Waco.
The dogs, mostly rat terriers and Cavalier King Charles, were apparently found living in several inches of their own feces. Authorities say some were even found living in cages typically used to house rabbits and their food placed on top of previously dispensed food that was molding and decaying.
Animal control officers say they also discovered a barrel full of dead puppies on the same property.
As many as 32 dogs and puppies from the facility are being transferred to the Houston SPCA, which hopes to intervene and provide a happy ending to what has until now been a miserable existence.
The Houston SPCA says it has foster families standing by to help the youngest dogs. The other 100 plus animals are being housed at the Waco Humane Society. That organization is also seeking foster families to help out.
The seizure comes as a new bill is pending in the State House. That measure would hold commercial breeders with more than 11 dogs or cats accountable for basic humane standards by Texas laws.
The bill directs the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation to establish criteria for licensing breeders and dealers, including background checks. It would also limit the maximum number of breeding dogs or cats to 50 at any single facility and prohibit the selling or transferring of any animals under 12 weeks of age.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou090511_jj_houston-spca-puppy-mill-raid.1690c9e7.html

tupup
11th May 2009, 11:05 PM
Despicable vile the list goes on how i feel about people who "run" these places but i cant say it on here:swear:
Thank goodness theyve been rescued:jump: i want to take them all in!I hope every one of them is now spoilt& loved beyond belief for the rest of their days

a barrel full of dead puppies-words fail me,utterly heartbreaking

Mom of Jato
11th May 2009, 11:30 PM
:swear: It just disgusts me to hear about these puppy mills. Thank goodness it was discovered and now closed down. My heart breaks for all of those dogs having to live like that. My wish is for them to find loving homes soon. :xfngr:

mellie
12th May 2009, 01:07 AM
It just makes me want to strangle the idiots that run these puppy mills, and the states and counties that do nothing about it are just as guilty. :swear: I live in a state that has a lot of rural areas and there are puppy mills hidden in the hills. Thank goodness that we finally got a law passed just a few months ago that makes cruelty to Dogs, Cats, and horses a 1st offense felony. Hopefully, they will follow with other domesticated animals. But its a start in a big hunting state! I wish I could take in a few of the rescued dogs, but my OH is dead set against any more animals right now!:( So I hope they find wonderful, loving foster/forever homes. :)

MadPip
12th May 2009, 06:04 PM
Well done and thank-you to all who were involved in rescuing these poor dogs from a terrible situation - inadequat words I know!

I can't even begin to imagine the living conditons, and as for a barrel of dead puppies............................ Words fail me.:mad: