• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another puppy mill bust with cavaliers

The North Shore Animal League blames pet stores for the overcrowding, saying puppy mill dogs exist to crank out perfect purebreds for window shoppers, and anything left over or less than that becomes an orphan waiting for a rescue.

Or worse -- is put down as not saleable or not productively breedable. Only the very fortunate end up in rescue, and then only very rarely! And this is why people should never ever buy pet shop puppies. :(

National Mill Dog Rescue organized this rescue of mill dogs. The founder is Theresa Strader. They have been in existence since 2007 and are located in Colorado. They have a very ambitious program that they are working on which will include public education-called Compassion Certified. They are in the beginning phase with much work to be done before it is off the ground. A taste of it is here

http://compassioncertified.org/

I saw this on the news last night. At first I thought it was a bust, but this morning read another article from another local news station and it sounds like the miller voluntarily released these dogs as a result of some sort of deal struck by the rescue group. It's a really large number of dogs for a voluntary release!

I'd prefer a bust ... but bottom line is at least some of the dogs are free and have a chance for a new life. I'm sure these dogs will get great homes in teh NYC area.

These are the lucky ones, goddness knows what happened to the others who didn't get a chance. Lovely little Bulldog looked so sad. :cry*ing: Hope they all find loving homes soon.
I hope this 'thing' who treated these dogs so badly doesn't start up another farm as it sounds a little like they got off the hook.

Back