PDA

View Full Version : Back Trail All-Terrain Pet Stroller

Cathy Moon
15th May 2009, 03:32 AM
Well, I've finally bought a stroller, mainly for Geordie, but I'm sure the girls will want to ride sometimes. http://www.discountramps.com/all-terrain-pet-stroller.htm It holds 100 lbs!

This summer I'm going to try to bring him along with us as often as possible, so we don't have to rush home so often to give him his medicine. We have a place we like to hike called Holden Arboretum, and we can use this stroller there. http://www.holdenarb.org/visit/garden-collections-maps.asp We'll be able to stay and have a picnic after our hike. :D

Cathy T
15th May 2009, 05:14 AM
That looks like fun Cathy....and how nice that you'll be able to take your time without rushing home for Geordie.

kmatt
15th May 2009, 01:47 PM
I hope your furbabies take to the stroller well. Tell me how it goes please. I'm an active runner and Anna is a complete opposite of Teddy. Teddy would just sit there and lounge all day where as Anna is always going 110mph. I'd love for her to join me on part of my runs, but she just can't keep up the pace I need or has the stamina to go the whole 5 mile. I bet however she would love to ride with me. :) Give me an update :) and I hope Geordie feels better. cl*p

Nicki
15th May 2009, 02:51 PM
Oh that's an excellent design Cathy - they've really moved on from the early models, and that looks much more practical, and will enable you to go just about anywhere.

Your hikes sound wonderful and it's lovely that Geordie will be able to come with you and you won't have to worry about rushing back for him.

Looking forward to the :snap:

tupup
15th May 2009, 03:22 PM
Thank you for posting the link, i was in our local doggie boutique the other day looking at one in there,very similar, priced at 130.I hope we dont need one but its good to scout for future reference:)
P.s id also like to hear how you get on with it,how sturdy it is over rougher terrain as some of our cliff top walks dont have the best maintained paths here at the seaside!Just last week a labrador had to be rescued after falling down cliffs here, it took them hours to get to him but he was fine.He'd been off lead!!

*Pauline*
15th May 2009, 04:11 PM
I'd like to know how you get on with just the one wheel at the front. I know mums with children's buggies like that and they find it hard getting up pavements. I think the single wheel wobbles while you lift the back wheel onto the pavement. The weight of the child might have something to do with it.

tupup
15th May 2009, 11:36 PM
:) This is the one i looked at, the shop is 2mins from my shop

http://www.topdogpetwear.co.uk/catlist.php?cat=34

ClevelandCavs
17th May 2009, 12:27 AM
I was just about to post a thread about strollers and if there were any reccomended (sp) then I saw your thread. I am going to Texas to visit family and my yorkie is not quite that friendly. So.... we thought a stroller would be easier to get her around. The stroller you have posted is cheap priced, but looks well made and tough! Thankyou! :D

- ClevelandCavs

Cathy T
17th May 2009, 01:45 AM
Cathy's stroller is super for casual walks. But if you plan on any rough terrain the wheels won't hold up. I ended up buying this one http://justpetstrollers.com/jeep_pet_stroller_rubicon.html for specifically that reason. The Jeep has air-filled bicycle tires that handle the uneven terrain better. It is more difficult maneuver though, since the front wheel doesn't swivel. It's more along the lines of a baby-jogger. This one is a lot more expensive so I wouldn't spend the money unless you plan on "off-roading" which is why I bought it. We have a lot of dirt trails I like to go on and the dogs can't travel on them quite as long as I can. So they walk along for a while and then I pop them in this stroller and push them for the remainder of the walk. It also really comes in handy when it's a bit warmer outside and I don't want them to overdo themselves.

But....again...if you're just doing casual strolling on pavement or even smoother dirt paths the one Cathy has bought would be totally fine.

Cathy Moon
17th May 2009, 01:54 AM
The stroller I bought has air-filled tires like yours, Cathy T. I was amazed to get the air-filled tires, a swivel front tire, and a shock absorber system in this stroller, which is for back trails as well as pavement walking - all for $100!:thmbsup::thmbsup:

Also, the black and red one is impossible to get, but I changed my order to the blue one and it shipped the following day.

Cathy T
17th May 2009, 03:12 AM
Oh wow...I didn't even catch that Cathy. You really got an awesome deal!! :thmbsup: Especially when you see that I paid more than double for mine :eek: :*gh:

jazz
23rd June 2009, 09:22 PM
Cathy--How are you liking this stroller now that you've had a few weeks to assess it?

Thanks,

arasara
24th June 2009, 07:20 PM
I'm wondering the same thing - would love to see pictures too of course :p

jazz
23rd February 2010, 12:50 AM
Cathy, now that you're back (wonderful news as to why, by the way), I thought we could re-visit this thread. I'm still wondering how you like this stroller, especially since it's still at a great price!

Cathy Moon
23rd February 2010, 11:33 PM
Hi Deb, I really do like the stroller, and so does Geordie. At first the stroller had a strong tire/rubber smell, but after we aired it out in the garage for several weeks, the smell finally faded.

At first, Colin thought having a stroller for Geordie was a bit weird :o, but then the last time we went to OSU for Geordie's cardio and neuro appointments, we saw someone else with two of their toy breed dogs in a stroller, which helped him accept it. So now that Colin is more willing to be seen with me pushing Geordie in a stroller, I will use it more often! :)

This is a little funny - we actually used the stroller for a real baby one evening last summer. After a family cookout at our house, we wanted to have a campfire behind the fence, but the mosquitoes were biting, so I got the stroller out for my nephew's baby girl to sleep in - we just zipped her in and she was safe from the mosquitoes! :D

Nicki
24th February 2010, 10:00 AM
Oh I love that Cathy, you often hear of people using baby strollers for dogs but that's the first time I've heard of it being done the other was round :D

MishathePooh
1st August 2010, 02:16 PM
Cathy - do you think this would hold up on gravel/woodchips for walks in the park? I'm looking into getting a new stroller, and this still looks like an amazing deal!