• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

fabric softener sheets dangerous

Cathy Moon

There's a small article in Dog Fancy (July 2009 - I know it's only May??) about fabric softener sheets. Evidently fabric softener sheets contain the toxic chemicals ethanol and alpha-pinene, which are hazardous to skin, but aren't listed on the product labels. :eek: Do not use fabric softener sheets to wipe up dog hair from fabrics, according to this article.

I'm fairly certain I read on a dog forum that someone suggested using fabric softener sheets to wipe their dogs - definitely not safe to do this.

I know I've heard about using fabric softener sheets like that somewhere. You're ahead of the game, Cathy....my mail just came today with the July Dog Fancy :D

only place I have found that they work other than in the dryer is in my OH's smelly shoes. :grnyuk:

I have never heard of them.I try not to use any thing like that as Ella has very delicate skin.My mum used to spray the whole house with air freshner it was sooooo horrible,it made me choke.Since then i hate anything like that its so unnatural.Opening windows is the best thing,i allways have the windows open even in the winter.I have noticed here that not alot of folks hang their washing out any more,they just use the drier all the time,what a waste of natural drying.Their electric bill must be so high.

Back