• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rubys really poorly

tupup

ive just got back from having to leave rubes at the vets to be put on a drip, she'll be left alone for 3 hours til the staff go in at 6am, they wouldnt let me stay with her. she started with diaoreah at 9am this morn(sund),she ate grass & seemed ok,this isnt unusual for rubes,tho since shes been on probiotics it only happens about once a month befoer that it was all the time.
Then about 4pm she started vomiting,this is unheard of for her so i rang emergency vet & they said with hold food/water & take her in the morning,she hadnt eaten since saturday night by this point.also spoke to brian for advise thanks brian.she stopped vomiting at 7.30pm & was nodding off with me sitting on the floor with her until i took her out to wee at 10pm being dark i could only hear her poor tummy exploding so got her back inside & she was covered in blood all over her back end.Rang the vet & she met us at the surgery at 11pm, she gave rubes 3 injections & sent us home with electrolite drinks,i sat with her giving little drops of this drink tho she was getting lethargic by now& was just putting her head in the bowl so i got the plastic syringe & gave her drops of it that way. she couldnt get comfy so i thoight shed be comfier in bed so off we went at 1am but she was getting more restless, then we were back on the floor as i gave her a few more drops & she was just bleeding profusely, her tummy was contracting & then blood about the size of a cd,i think this happened about 4 times whilst i was ringing the vet who agreed to meet us again at the surgery, so i wrapped baby up in blankies& got a taxi there for 3am. rubes was shaking but not moving other than that tho she looked so scared, all big eyes just staring up at me even on the vets table she didnt move. i asked vet if she was going to be ok & she said we'll do what we can& they'll ring me in the morning. i said plse look after her she's my world & she just said we'll do our best. i stayed strong for rubes & told her to fight this cos i need her home,gave her a kiss & sobbed all the way back in the taxi. so now its 4.10am & im sitting here alone terrified in a room that looks like a murder has been done thers so much blood on everything:(:( i cant go to bed & i cant call anyone at this hour so here i am pouring it out to people who will understand how im feeling.
Those of you who believe please pray for little uns safe return. i hope to laugh about this in a few days at the fright she's given me& also that due to the hour im over reacting. I'l post an update when i can, thanks for reading G x

oh my, how awful for you! I am so sorry and I hope when you ring the vet that you find out she is doing better. I'd be worried sick. At least she is getting IV's. You were smart to take her on in and not wait.
Please update us and hang in there.
Here is to hoping Ruby will be fine.

I will say a big prayer for your baby! I know its hard to wait. Hopefully, you will get good news that she is feeling better soon! Keep us posted on her progress! :flwr:

Oh, I am just settling down from a 5.0 earthquake that was fairly close by, and thought I would check the boards.

Your post made me tear up! What a horrible ordeal for you! I will start praying now that little Ruby will get better and be back home soon. Please, please keep us posted!

Only just read this hope there is good news from your vets sounds a lot like what my Sam had last year he was all right had to stay at the vets for 4 nights fingers crossed for your little one:hug:
---Aileen and the vets (Barney----Jazzie---Jake)

Hoping that your little Ruby is a bit better this morning.
All fingers crossed, and loving thoughts being sent.
Come on Ruby!

Oh you poor thing how awful to have such a poorly girl. I do hope that the vet has some encouraging news for you this morning. You have done everything you can, lets hope that the vet can put her back to rights. Thinking of you both.

Poor baby, I hope everything is okay. I lost my Teddy recently and I bawled for days.

I'll put in a prayer for your furbaby.

:xfngr:

Oh my goodness....wot a nightmare!
Keeping all fingers and paws crossed for little Ruby.
Keep us updated!

Thank you for your kind words & careing
Ive just spoken to the vet & she said "she's a wee bit brighter, we're getting fluids into her & we'll call you this afternoon to let you know how she is"
Isnt that fantastic!! I just thanked her profusely for coming out at 3am.
I think thats 10/10 for our new vets, theyve only seen her once& we were/are due there on friday to go through her history & meds.
cl*p

This is so sad.......after all you've been through:(
Im really praying Ruby will be ok.....please keep us posted.

Sending nothing but hugs and best wishes to you both.

Mel:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I'm so happy Ruby is feeling better and so is Anna. :updte: more asap because we all hope for the best for our furbabies!

What a horrendous ordeal. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Ruby.
You must be totally exhausted,try and get some rest and hopefully you'll be bringing her home later today.
Sins

So sorry to read about poor Ruby, my thoughts and prayers are with you, what a traumatic ordeal, do hope she will soon be feeling a lot better, take care and look after yourself as well.

Hi

Just to add my words as you know we are all concerned ,and she does seem a bit brighter so come she will be fine ,you keep your chin up and ring me as soon as you know more.

Warmest Wishes
brian

I'm sending you both big hugs right now.:hug:

What an ordeal for both of you. I'm glad you got a good report from the vet, hope little Ruby keeps getting better now, they are like children and can bounce back really quickly. Keeping my fingers crossed that she is home soon. Does the vet know what happened with Ruby? Keep us posted and take care
Charli xx:flwr:

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for a full recovery for Ruby and big hugs to you :hug:You must have been terrified. Hopefully you will have your baby back home real soon. Take care :hug:

cmon Ruby keep up the good work!!

MASSIVE hugs from me and wriggly licks from Peaches, we are both thinking of you.

Back