PDA

View Full Version : SORTED: Dublin: 12 year old lovely old lady

Karlin
18th May 2009, 02:00 PM
I am working with another rescue on this one -- a lovely, lively old girl who is a bit arthritic but otherwise happy and active. Deserves a lovely retirement somewhere more caring than the people giving her up.

Hoping to get some pics shortly.

frecklesmom
18th May 2009, 02:24 PM
:xfngr: you can find that loving home for this senior lady.

Claire L
18th May 2009, 08:16 PM
I hope that little lady gets a loving home really soon. I can't believe that anyone could let a twelve year old go; beggars belief....................I wish I wish I wish :(

Karlin
18th May 2009, 08:39 PM
Apparently the owners didn't want to spend money on a dog any more. :swear:

sarahso
19th May 2009, 12:05 AM
Really hope this older lady finds her forver home soon.

poor darling! fancy just giving up on her like that as she is getting older, makes you so angry.:(

brotymo
19th May 2009, 03:51 AM
Poor old girl. I hope she gets spoiled and loved and lavished on for the rest of her days. Very sad that someone would be done with her when she reaches her twilight years.

tupup
19th May 2009, 11:42 AM
I do hope this little old lady finds forever happiness soon & that someone kicks her old owners to the kerb when theyre old too:(

harleyfarley
19th May 2009, 01:35 PM
some people dont deserve a dog, di

Aileen
19th May 2009, 06:17 PM
I would have her like a shot if I was in Ireland
--Aileen and the gang (*Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

hwowen
19th May 2009, 09:34 PM
Let's all hope their kids have the same sentiments about them when they're old and (hopefully) incontinent. After all, if they have any offspring, they will have clearly been brought up to think it's acceptable to discard the old and helpless. :mad:

AliceAbbyBellaDaphne
20th May 2009, 01:28 AM
I'd rescue a cav if I wasn't on the wrong side of the ocean! Here in the US cavs are rarer, many people don't even recognize what breed Alice is, we had one man guess a cocker spaniel! They had a cav at our St. Louis area Humane Society recently - they had a TON of applications to adopt him, they got to chose the best family out of dozens! I don't know if cavs being more common in the UK is a good thing or a bad thing.....

Tawna

ilsamom
20th May 2009, 09:13 AM
you could try lucky star - they have a long waiting list but are very good I've heard.

Jen and Ilsa

Dublin
20th May 2009, 02:35 PM
:mad:Thats just awfull - people dont say that about their kids so why a dog?

Thats like me throwing Cass out, she's 12 this year & still in very good health, I couldnt possibly part with her because she may or may not cost me money as the years go on.

James
23rd May 2009, 11:39 AM
I find this story so sad and maddening at the same time, to have a dog for 12 years and then want rid of it because of expense is unbelievable. A time in the dogs life when each day with it should be treasured, not discarded like some worn out toy.
I do hope that she finds someone who will love her for the time that she has left.

pippa
23rd May 2009, 12:31 PM
This is very sad..has she been with them all her life?

Karlin
23rd May 2009, 01:14 PM
This is the most common way in which older dogs come into rescue. Almost every one I've had has come in simply because the owner is no longer interested or is getting a new puppy. Often there is a failure by owners (deliberate or naive) to recognise how very difficult it is to place such a dog -- they are just happy to have the 'problem' out of their hands.

Between two rescues we have had absolutely no interest in this dog. So while it is sad that the owners are giving her up, it is also sad that most people won't consider an older dog (even though I think they are the most rewarding rescue dogs of all and without fail touch those who do take them more deeply than any other type of rescue) and really only want a puppy or young dog -- the usual request I get from prospective homes. Oldies tend to be easy, loving dogs as well. :)

rosiesmum
23rd May 2009, 01:30 PM
I wish I live nearer to you as I would have no hesitation in homing an older dog.

It's a shame that you have had no interest. :xfngr: that the right family will come along and give her the love and attention she deserves.

ilsamom
23rd May 2009, 05:58 PM
Poor girl, I'd offer but I know you don't rehome dogs out of Ireland. If you change your mind you can call on me to take her! I hate to think of the poor old girl living out the rest of her life without a family. Has she at least found a nice foster?

Jen and Ilsa

hwowen
24th May 2009, 12:19 AM
If good with cats, then I too would consider, but as previously stated, I know you will try and home in Ireland.... but I'm only 40mins this side of the Dublin ferry :)

*Pauline*
24th May 2009, 12:23 AM
Do you have a picture of her yet? That helps win hearts. :l*v:

Ste
24th May 2009, 10:51 AM
Do you have a picture of her yet? That helps win hearts. :l*v:

Poor girl, I keep checking back for updates on her hoping to see 'homed':xfngr: (when Peter's not in the room in case he catches sight of a photo :rolleyes:)

Aileen
25th May 2009, 10:13 PM
Karlin has this little one got a home yet
The Rescue DogI
If you look at this old dog
You may see she still can jog.
She may be weak and thin
But inside she still can win.
Win a friend to help her through
Maybe this friend will be you?
Please look deep into her eyes
listen to her gentle sighs.
If life will give her just a chance
you’ll see she still can dance.
Just a wash in scented soap
She can feel there still is hope.
A cuddle here, a short walk there
Not much to ask, just a little care.
Call her to you “over here”
Stretch out you hand, she will come near.
Just look deep into your heart
And maybe you two will never part.
So Dog, hold your head up high,
take a deep breath and reach for the sky.
So dog, maybe this is your day
Someone out there is coming your way.
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Karlin
27th May 2009, 11:28 AM
I need to check with the rescuer; have not spoken to her in the past few days.

Claire L
1st June 2009, 11:39 PM
Hope this little lady is on her way to some very lucky person. I've been away since last week but I couldn't stop thinking about her. Somebody out there is missing a wonderful opportunity.

Karlin
1st June 2009, 11:46 PM
The rescuer sorted a place for her with a UK general rescue. She had not been well looked after either. :(

Cavalierlover123
3rd June 2009, 06:36 PM
Hi is this dog still looking for a home? i am liveing in ireland!:jump:

Karlin
3rd June 2009, 11:09 PM
See post just above: she went to the UK so is sorted. :)

Cavalierlover123
4th June 2009, 11:24 AM
Aw what a pity! i would have taken her on!:) i have a 14 month old blenheim female and i want to get another cav for her company!
i love this breed dont know how anyone could give them away!!!:(

Dublin
4th June 2009, 04:40 PM
Thats great that shes sorted, I hope she gets spoilt rotten in her new home. (& I pray her old owners never ever get another dog)