• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

baxter getting xrayed!

coconut

baxter getting xrayed! UPDATED!

Poor baxter is having an xray today as he has being have periods of pain and the vets are trying to figure out what the problem is!!

Last edited:
at the bottom off his back and legs, they put him on painkillers for 2 wks but they are not working great!! yeah he will be sedated!

Oh I am sorry to hear this about poor Baxter. :( Let us know as soon as he's out and OK and you hear anything.

Good luck and I hope whatever the problem is that can get to the cause of it.
Sins

Good luck i do hope they get to the back of it & that Baxter is as good as new when you get him back,I'll be keeping fingers crossed for you as we both have a long day :hug:

am a bit worried now, vets rang and said not to come til 4.50 cos the vet is gone to get a second opinion!

hmmm could mean somethings wrong, and hopefully they can do something to put it right, lets hope so, i hate things like this, it might be nothing :) let hop so, be sure and post when you get back, even if its later and dont feel much like it, di

oh no, I am so sorry. What do they do for that?
It is good you are not the type of owner to let him continue like he is without finding out what is wrong and doing what you can to help him.

Even so,to be told a dog of that age has degenerative joint disease is a shocker. The femoral head osteotomy is the surgical procedure to treat the pain.
Does Baxter have hip dysplasia or what details did the vet give?
Any chance of getting a a second opinion just to be sure to be sure??
Sins

I talked to Coconut and her vets are sure -- it is a pretty bad case of hip dysplasia from all sounds of it based on the xray, but just in the one hip. I checked some info and apparently there's a good success rate for surgery for this condition. The key thing the vets say is not to wait til the leg loses muscle tone and if there's pain that is not responding to medication, vets seem to recommend surgery. Baxter's in enough discomfort that he can't be walked now so this seems the right option for him.

In that case we'll wish Baxter all the best for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. First priority is to ensure he has a pain free life:).
Sins

Back