• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can Cav's go out for runs?

luvhavinbgtwins

I Run 3x a week and some of my freinds take there dogs..not sure if they are able to and if so at what age....I dont want to do anything that would ever hurt him. If they can how far and what age is to far etc.

Thanks

If you do a search there have been one or two discussions on this. In general vets say not to run puppies -- wait till the dogs are full adults first off. Second -- this is a short nosed breed and really not intended to be off on runs. I sure wouldn't run a cavalier except in general play at fetch etc. They can easily overheat. A different breed would be better if you want a running companion. However some people do jog with their dogs. I personally wouldn't. Of my four I think only Jaspar would possibly be suited for jogging as he seems to have no breathing problems, rarely ever does the 'snort' etc.

I prob. would never but I thought if I ever did when he was older for a short 1 mile maybe...more of a jog than a run...but w/that said I might not at all..

Thanks

Back