PDA

View Full Version : Spangles being spayed tom!

Spangly
20th May 2009, 05:57 PM
Spangle is almost 18mths old now and is being spayed tomorrow (Thurs) am very worried about it all because of her sm. I just hope she will be ok. Please think about her for me. Thank you. Christine

Karlin
20th May 2009, 06:21 PM
I wouldn;t worry about her SM in the process. :flwr: Actually I have seen neurologists advise neutering because it creates a calmer, less exciteable dog which is better for a dog with SM. Good luck and let us know when she is out of her surgery. :)

Margaret C
20th May 2009, 06:36 PM
Spangle is almost 18mths old now and is being spayed tomorrow (Thurs) am very worried about it all because of her sm. I just hope she will be ok. Please think about her for me. Thank you. Christine

I'm sure your vet will be very careful of her, but if it is a large practice, and there is a chance that a different vet will do the operation, I would make sure that the fact she has SM is written large on the consent form you sign.

I would not think that there is anything done during a spaying operation that could make SM worse, but it never hurts to make sure that any other health problem is flagged up when your pet is undergoing an operation.

I will be thinking of you and her. Let us know how things go.

Margaret C

Sabby
20th May 2009, 09:59 PM
Will be thinking of you and Spangle.
Donít worry she will be back home with you in no time.

tupup
20th May 2009, 11:52 PM
Will be thinking about you both tomorrow,good luck & please keep us posted:flwr::flwr:

Spangly
21st May 2009, 09:37 PM
Spangle came home at 3pm and spent the next 2 hours stubbornly refusing to lie down even though she was falling asleep half sitting up! I was abit worried about her tablets. She was due a gabapentin at 2pm but I finally got her to take it at 6pm by smothering it with peanut butter! She was also due a prednislone (she has one every other day) at 5 pm but I`m not going to worry too much about her not having that, she won`t eat any food as yet, I`ve tried a few different things but no! She is now sleeping properly and deeply so I think when she wakes she will be a bit better. Thank you all for your wishes and advice, it really does mean a lot to me. Sorry to go on a bit!!
Christine and sleepy Spangle

tupup
21st May 2009, 09:50 PM
Aw bless its great shes home& sleeping, i bet you are so relieved,give Spangle a gentle hug from us when she wakes!:)

Karlin
21st May 2009, 10:25 PM
That's great that she's back home and having a good sleep! :) You must be very happy to have her back.

Margaret C
21st May 2009, 11:40 PM
Spangle came home at 3pm and spent the next 2 hours stubbornly refusing to lie down even though she was falling asleep half sitting up!
Christine and sleepy Spangle

I don't think I would have particularly wanted to lie down & sleep either. Poor girl may be wondering what would happen next!

So glad she is safely home with you.

Margaret C

Susanna
21st May 2009, 11:59 PM
I'm so glad all went well. I'm sure you're relieved it's over. Brian sends a big lick and a nose-to-nose sniff.:hug:

brotymo
22nd May 2009, 02:01 AM
Hope that Spangles is feeling much better and will be ready to play soon!

Spangly
22nd May 2009, 05:42 PM
Spangle has eaten a very small meal this morning and 2 biscuits! The hardest thing was getting tablets into her, thank goodness for peanut butter (although I don`t think I`d like to eat it at 05.30 !). She is getting back to be more like herself and has just had a very short walk. I am so relieved things are getting back to normal. Thank you again for your lovely heartwarming messages.
Christine :lotsaluv:

jld
23rd May 2009, 01:30 AM
Great news. I am so glad that is behind you, and she is home and doing well....:o