• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spangles being spayed tom!

Spangly

Spangle is almost 18mths old now and is being spayed tomorrow (Thurs) am very worried about it all because of her sm. I just hope she will be ok. Please think about her for me. Thank you. Christine

I wouldn;t worry about her SM in the process. :flwr: Actually I have seen neurologists advise neutering because it creates a calmer, less exciteable dog which is better for a dog with SM. Good luck and let us know when she is out of her surgery. :)

Spangle is almost 18mths old now and is being spayed tomorrow (Thurs) am very worried about it all because of her sm. I just hope she will be ok. Please think about her for me. Thank you. Christine

I'm sure your vet will be very careful of her, but if it is a large practice, and there is a chance that a different vet will do the operation, I would make sure that the fact she has SM is written large on the consent form you sign.

I would not think that there is anything done during a spaying operation that could make SM worse, but it never hurts to make sure that any other health problem is flagged up when your pet is undergoing an operation.

I will be thinking of you and her. Let us know how things go.

Margaret C

Will be thinking of you and Spangle.
Don’t worry she will be back home with you in no time.

Will be thinking about you both tomorrow,good luck & please keep us posted:flwr::flwr:

Spangle came home at 3pm and spent the next 2 hours stubbornly refusing to lie down even though she was falling asleep half sitting up! I was abit worried about her tablets. She was due a gabapentin at 2pm but I finally got her to take it at 6pm by smothering it with peanut butter! She was also due a prednislone (she has one every other day) at 5 pm but I`m not going to worry too much about her not having that, she won`t eat any food as yet, I`ve tried a few different things but no! She is now sleeping properly and deeply so I think when she wakes she will be a bit better. Thank you all for your wishes and advice, it really does mean a lot to me. Sorry to go on a bit!!
Christine and sleepy Spangle

Aw bless its great shes home& sleeping, i bet you are so relieved,give Spangle a gentle hug from us when she wakes!:)

That's great that she's back home and having a good sleep! :) You must be very happy to have her back.

Spangle came home at 3pm and spent the next 2 hours stubbornly refusing to lie down even though she was falling asleep half sitting up!
Christine and sleepy Spangle

I don't think I would have particularly wanted to lie down & sleep either. Poor girl may be wondering what would happen next!

So glad she is safely home with you.

Margaret C

I'm so glad all went well. I'm sure you're relieved it's over. Brian sends a big lick and a nose-to-nose sniff.:hug:

Spangle has eaten a very small meal this morning and 2 biscuits! The hardest thing was getting tablets into her, thank goodness for peanut butter (although I don`t think I`d like to eat it at 05.30 !). She is getting back to be more like herself and has just had a very short walk. I am so relieved things are getting back to normal. Thank you again for your lovely heartwarming messages.
Christine :lotsaluv:

Great news. I am so glad that is behind you, and she is home and doing well....:eek:

Back