• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog paws smell like...

OMG...you're right! I never thought about WHAT they smelled like, but I have a strange obsession with smelling them. I think they smell soooooo good! :p

I love the smell of their paws. They smell like corn chips/fritos! If they've been outside, they smell like grass for a while afterwards, but once inside for a while, they revert back to the default smell. I had always thought dogs didn't perspire, but was surprised to learn that they DO perspire, but only thru the pads of their feet...and it is funny, I just googled "dog perspire" b/c I wanted to verify what I'd been told about the perspiring thing, and found several places where other's referred to their foot smell as corn chips, too!

I dont really get off smelling doggie feet,but if i did,what on earth are FRITOS.Tell me first then i know what to smell for.Thank You.

I was just thinking.Your chips are our crisps.You spell Nite,we spell it night.Are Fritos some kind of chip.I think dogs feet smell like Marmite,which is a meat based spread.A bit like Veggiemite.

I dont really get off smelling doggie feet,but if i did,what on earth are FRITOS.Tell me first then i know what to smell for.Thank You.

Justine, Fritos are corn chips.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritos

Not sure if "nite" is really grammatically correct though in American English. I do see it in the dictionary as a variant of "Night" ... I just thought it was a lazy way of spelling night. We learn night in school. At least I did. :lol:

Oh thank you,now i can smell his feet.My aunt who is from Calafornia allways spelt it Nite.

Don't have to smell his paws after going outdoors, but after an hour when we're cuddling, they do smell like corn chips.

You never know what you are gonna learn on this board. Y'all are broadening my international horizons!! It would never occur to me that our friends across the pond might not know what a Frito was. That's just one reason why I LOVE this board!

This is soooooo funny!!! I have always said my cat has "popcorn paws". :lol: I guess I never really smelled the dogs paws before, and yep, they have that same funny smell. :rotfl:

I have long noticed that our biggest male cat's paws smell quite distinctive, and was surprised to find that Jasper's paws smelled very similar - I though it was because of wee wee miscues :eek: and imagined that was what was causing the aroma.

Suzie, you're so funny!! :) I just smelled Scarlett's paws and they do smell like Fritos!!

Also, I just recently learned that dogs have scent glands on their pads. When they do that back scratching after they potty, I always thought they were covering it up. But, in fact, they are leaving their scent! Very interesting!

ok guys I sniffed like crazy on all THREE of mine and nope no popcorn--no fritos--just dog feet smell. What the same heck you guys talking about? lol

Back