• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

XXXLooking for a reliable breeder in irelandXXX

LisaluvzCav

Hey ppl,
Im getting a cavalier puppy in july and I want to buy it off a reliable breeder! Anybody know any good ones?? Tnx Xx:D

I don't allow public discussion of breeders but people can PM your privately if they wish. (y) Sadly I would not know of ANY breeder I would feel I could recommend in Ireland as none that I have been able to find do the proper health testing needed in this breed. I generally refer people to the UK.

There's information on finding a reputable health focused breeder here and on what to look for and what the serious health issues are that you need to avoid as best as possible:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=26677

However be aware this is likely to take much longer than July. Good breeders often have waiting lists and the wait can be many months or longer.

good luck I hope you find a new dog soon, just a word of warning, we are all the same when it come to puppies and all puppies are gorgeous, check out breeders very very well, dont look at the dogs, you can't see signs of hereditory defects, at the moment good health screening breeders are hard to come by, have you thought of an older dog, maybe a rescue or one a breeder is looking to re-home maybe. All cavaliers are gorgeous dont go for the first cutie you see unless the parent have been properly screened and tested. I know of some in the uk, di

Well if you find one let me know too please:).
Sometimes Di, UK breeders may not export pet puppies to Ireland.
(We have a bad reputation for breeding abuses)
Having said that I know one or two people who have happily bought in from the UK and have had very positive experiences.
Sins

Well if you find one let me know too please:).
Sometimes Di, UK breeders may not export pet puppies to Ireland.
(We have a bad reputation for breeding abuses)
Having said that I know one or two people who have happily bought in from the UK and have had very positive experiences.
Sins

Can't the spay nueter be included in the contract? I have an option of either spaying Anna or paying an upgrade for full registration.

Can't the spay nueter be included in the contract? I have an option of either spaying Anna or paying an upgrade for full registration.
:eek:

Yikes -- then she sadly came from the worst type of backyard breeder I am afraid and it is important to understand why as these kinds of people are now everywhere in this breed in particular because they make a nice packet selling puppies to people who don't realise this and hope they are doing the right thing. No respected, reputable breeder with any ethical approach to the breed would sell a dog on such a contract. :(

Any reputable breeder will guard what happens to her female puppies in particular with incredible diligence. No pet puppy is EVER sold without a spay contract or restricted registration so that no puppies can ever be commercially produced by ANY good breeder. Taking extra money to get a full registration indicates appalling disregard for the dire situation breed health is in and any breeder knows this and shows she is selling to let others join the breeding merry go round that directly leads to so many of us losing young dogs to hideous illness. No type of trash breeder makes me angrier than this type. :x

This is exactly how puppy buyers are exploited and money is bled out of buyers and the breed got into the horrific situation it is in right now regarding MVD and SM.

For anyone going through this difficult journey of finding a responsible breeder, there's extensive information on the board on finding a good breeder and avoiding the bad ones. For example:

Decoding breeders:
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=11335

Decoding breeder websites:
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=25990

Karlin, I'm really sad that you said that. I got Anna from the ONLY breeder who was able to give me full health, including MRI scans, reports. She might be a "backyard breeder", but she interviewed me 3 times before she would let me put my name down on a list and she requires that I have insurance for Anna. There are a lot of things in my contract, but she also understands that most of her puppies will be pets so she sells pets at a discounted price. Females, especially ones that can be used for breeding are incrediablely expensive and also have strict contracts that state what can and cannot be done in terms of breeding, how often and such.

She might be a "backyard breeder" Karlin, but she did provide me with ALOT of health scans that other breeders either didn't have or didn't want to release. I'm sorry, but that kinda miffed me because I know that my breeder CARES greatly for all of her pups.

:cry*ing:

Just DON'T buy from a farm breeder in Bala North Wales - as seen on TV for all the wrong reasons! I also know the background of a small scale breeder on Anglesey that I couldn't recommend either!!

Back