PDA

View Full Version : Liason Meeting

frecklesmom
24th May 2009, 09:55 PM
Don't think I can crosspost comment on CavTalk but statement is so positive for Liaison Meeting with everyone voting for following protocols-:pi*no:
:thnku: CKCS members.

tupup
24th May 2009, 11:03 PM
cl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*p
Thank you for that update & thank you to CKCS members

*Pauline*
24th May 2009, 11:51 PM
Thank you CKCS club members. :*nana:b*n*n*:*nana:b*n*n*:*nana:b*n*n*:*nana:

Margaret C
24th May 2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=654

Wonderful news.

I am told that the Club Members petition had just under 200 signatures.
So with your Pet Owners petition, also about 200, there were 400 cavalier lovers making their concerns known to the club representatives at the liaison meeting.

Fantastic.

Margaret C

Margaret C
24th May 2009, 11:58 PM
I have tried to say well done on the Cavalier Chat forum but, despite their assurances that they don't censor posts, they are blocking some of mine.

Margaret C

Karlin
25th May 2009, 12:43 AM
Oh yes and Brian is totally banned on the same place, which swore it would never ban anyone. :rolleyes:

I guess the admin there is as evil as me. :rotfl:

Delighted all the efforts made by the "dissenting" Club membership (which seems to be considerably larger than the small core group of breeders who voted this proposal down in the first place!) and pet owners to make sure this issue remained prominent succeeded. Good work to all! :*nana:

Cathy Moon
25th May 2009, 12:56 AM
Wonderful news! cl*p

It's good to read there were so many signatures! :-D

So sorry you're being censored Margaret. I've actually been considering contacting a former psychology professor of mine at a nearby university to find out if any of his students would be interested in studying that site as a prime case of 'social bullying'. Would make a good start on a research paper at the very least. Enough said!

tupup
25th May 2009, 01:24 AM
If im allowed to say this (if not please delete) but I dont know quite how you bear it Margaret,it upsets me enough just reading it & i cannot see how anyone could possibly have been offended by our raising a petition meant to show our support:confused: It most certainly was never an attack on breeders in general as has been said,nor was any of it falsified as was accused etc etc. Disgusting.
However the only thing that matters is that the future should be brighter for our little 'uns & that is GREAT!!

harleyfarley
25th May 2009, 10:50 AM
Wonderful news! cl*p

It's good to read there were so many signatures! :-D

So sorry you're being censored Margaret. I've actually been considering contacting a former psychology professor of mine at a nearby university to find out if any of his students would be interested in studying that site as a prime case of 'social bullying'. Would make a good start on a research paper at the very least. Enough said!

That would be very interesting cathy, did you know ive been warned twice by the admin, and i get quite hard time on there, Brians my biggest fan, lol as for what they say about Margaret, well.... its enough to give anyone a complex.
This site is so lovely in comarison :lotsaluv: and everyone on it, di

see they even made me forget what i supposed to post, WELL DONE EVERYONE a brilliant result i think

Margaret C
25th May 2009, 02:44 PM

It is interesting that I am being moderated, although I have never been impolite, while other members, in an attempt to discourage me from posting, have been allowed to write outright insults directed at me......

"You could bring along your broomstick"

"OMG, I'm surprised to see you here during daylight Margaret.............that certainly dispells some folk lore for me"

"I also luv Limericks...............................I'll start one off.......................
Margaret Carter was a f*rter.." ( The asterix is mine )

Not exactly a great level of debate.

The thing that I think unfair is that every time I point out something that is widely known among breeders and exhibitors, sometimes even information that has already been mentioned on the cavaliertalk forum, one of the Moderators, Sandra, alleges that I have given away confidential information...........

"am afraid that once again Margaret has used information that she was privy to as Health Representative of the Club, once again abusing the position that she held."

I wrote a post pointing out that she really couldn't go on saying that everything that was common knowledge became confidential information when told to me, but that post disappeared into thin air.

Margaret C

team bella
25th May 2009, 03:51 PM
I too ventured onto the 'Dark Side' icon_devil in the hope to find out more about the breed that I have fallen in love with.
I was pretty shocked at the 'bully tactics'. I very rarely look on there now as I have much nicer friends on this forum and the help and support is second to none.
Margaret you have always conducted yourself in a very professional manner and behaved in a respectful way, whenever you have put your point across.
You've played a pivotal part in bringing the issues to table and you should be proud of yourself as I am of you.

meljoy
25th May 2009, 04:29 PM
My Mother used to call people like them the "Knitted knicker brigade"

It conjures up an image that I cant now get out of my mind when Im reading all the horrible things they write about people that are only trying to help.

Any way great that things are finally moving on:*nana::*nana:

Ciren
25th May 2009, 04:54 PM
i only come on here, i like my comfort zones ya see. but if that is really happening then its disgusting! Margaret we think your fab!!!

i am a bit lost tho, does this mean the breeding protocols are being added or what?

tupup
25th May 2009, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=
Margaret you have always conducted yourself in a very professional manner and behaved in a respectful way, whenever you have put your point across.
You've played a pivotal part in bringing the issues to table and you should be proud of yourself as I am of you.[/QUOTE]

Beautifully put teambella, i couldnt agree more

Brian M
25th May 2009, 08:39 PM
Hi

I see Sparky on the old fxxxx forum is suggesting that I acted in a disgraceful manner on their breeders CC forum and also suggested I may have had some supporters, well I hope I have some friends but I am sure on that on this forum we are just a group of like minded people who all want exactly the same IE The Health and Welfare of our Cavaliers first and last.And the other perplexing point is that the very same f word that I used and then received a life time ban for has now been used again by a certain person that uses the tag Ellie :oops:Millhill in a stupid attempt to start a limerick including Margaret's name and that f word :confused: . Freedom of speech for the select few and moderation if you don't toe the party line for the rest.
And A BIG Thank You To Margaret and all the other UK CKCS members who have righted one very big wrong by including the Sm Protocol into The Clubs Code Of Ethics.:thnku:

Karlin
25th May 2009, 10:31 PM
The best thing about having so many of those people corralled into one convenient place is that their own behaviour and posts reveal them for what they are -- in that sense the site has been an absolute godsend to many of us, as the other list where they behave similarly is 'private' (if a bit porous! icon_devil). I absolutely love sending people to read the forum and it has been incredibly useful to use threads there as evidence for APGAW and the Bateson enquiry into whether controls should be placed on dog breeding. :thmbsup: So many have such little self control or insight into how truly awful they sound. Just perfect for pointing out how some prominent people have their heads in the sand and why, as their own breed club chairwoman indicated, it will probably take legislation from outside the clubs to force people to look after the breed's welfare.

The puerile nature of some of those posts and attacks certainly will help these committees to consider whether such people are appropriate guardians of a breed and are so pathetically immature as to suggest an inability to comprehend (or address) the serious issues facing the breed.

HollyDolly
26th May 2009, 12:16 AM
http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=654

Wonderful news.

Margaret C

Can anyone answer this question for me, when this goes to the Parent Club AGM next year can the same people who voted for the COE re SM not to be added to the guidelines still vote against it being added?
Yes it is good news but it reads guidelines not mandotory, while we have the likes of the Inglis's and Barwells who will NOT follow the guidelines then the Breed is still vunerable.:(

Margaret C
26th May 2009, 12:40 AM
Can anyone answer this question for me, when this goes to the Parent Club AGM next year can the same people who voted for the COE re SM not to be added to the guidelines still vote against it being added?
Yes it is good news but it reads guidelines not mandotory, while we have the likes of the Inglis's and Barwells who will NOT follow the guidelines then the Breed is still vunerable.:(

Yes, they can vote the guidelines out again, and yes, those who do not want to follow the guidelines can continue to use unscanned cavaliers for breeding.

We can only hope that more health minded members will attend the AGM next year and make a difference.

I think that many breeders will come to see the need for positive action as they receive the results of their own scans.

Margaret C

Karlin
26th May 2009, 05:28 PM
I think that many breeders will come to see the need for positive action as they receive the results of their own scans.

I agree -- I think the biggest shift towards scanning I've seen in the past 5 years was not so much the research results, but was due to the many breeders who were sure SM was a minor problem with few dogs affected, beginning to see the results coming back from early scan programmes (especially the N Carolina study in the US, where many breeders brought some dogs, and also the UK programmes). It was clear that many were shocked that dogs they assumed were clear were not, and some of those had quite bad syrinxes. Those that had good results too will have been an encouragement to find out more about one's own lines. Also, for the numerous breeders with a conscience... :cool: ... it is the horror of having bred a puppy that goes on to develop SM and learning of this from the new owners, often pet owners (as they take the bulk of any breeder's pups).

There's a lot of quiet scanning going on, and I think once you've scanned and seen what is inside the heads of the dogs in your own home, assuming you don't have a heart of stone, it raises commitment to scan as much as is possible within a breeder's programme.

Jay
27th May 2009, 04:34 AM
I guess the thing that I don't understand is that we are dealing with sweet living little creatures. The intense pain and shortened life span that are caused by MVD and SM are things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy much less these wonderful little dogs. The fact that a dog or bitch won't be used in a breeding program doesn't mean a thing to me if that little animal is in pain. I would think that the "responsible" breeder would want what is best for all the puppies that are born in their care. I can't imagine ANY breeder who cares about the puppies that they produce who wouldn't follow the health guidelines to the letter. They certainly are very careful to produce puppies with the "look" they want.

I started the process of registering with CC but the venom there was just too much for me. I just had to laugh to myself when a certain poster made that terrible comment about Margaret bringing her "broomstick". I am sure that comment didn't sit too well with her buddy, the self-proclaimed "witch" that posts there. MC....maybe she'll lend you HER broomstick!:rotfl:

J.

Cathy Moon
27th May 2009, 01:27 PM
It appears that one of Margaret's latest posts has gone missing...

sins
27th May 2009, 02:46 PM
It probably got sucked into a black hole. It's possible that they randomly occur in that part of Cyberspace :p
Sins

Brian M
27th May 2009, 04:10 PM
Sins

Have a peep in here and see if you can find it ,careful though it gobbles everthing up just like pacman.:confused:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20227091.200-preparing-to-peer-into-a-black-hole.html

harleyfarley
27th May 2009, 04:32 PM
I started the process of registering with CC but the venom there was just too much for me. I just had to laugh to myself when a certain poster made that terrible comment about Margaret bringing her "broomstick". I am sure that comment didn't sit too well with her buddy, the self-proclaimed "witch" that posts there. MC....maybe she'll lend you HER broomstick!:rotfl:

J.

Yes but that broomsticks for clearing up the debris left behind her, whereas margarets is just for flying on, di :cffee:

Ciren
27th May 2009, 04:43 PM
the whole thing is disgusting, can't they get done for defamation of character?

chloe92us
27th May 2009, 04:45 PM
I post there every now and again when it suits me, and in general I enjoy some of the topics. However, this site is a zillion times more entertaining and educational! I would, however, like to know who this "Sparky" character is. He/she seems quite obsessed with you Karlin! Their only listed friend is Norma, so it must be another big breeder.

Margaret C
27th May 2009, 05:01 PM
It appears that one of Margaret's latest posts has gone missing...

Yes, I have received an email from one of the moderators saying

"I have removed your last post from the Forum", but she also told me.........
"YOU ARE NOT BEING MODERATED" ( her capital letters not mine )

Obviously my mistake, perhaps what I mean is one of the following.......
censored, restricted, suppressed, deleted, sanctioned, corrected or censured.

Margaret C

Karlin
27th May 2009, 06:00 PM
He/she seems quite obsessed with you Karlin! Their only listed friend is Norma, so it must be another big breeder.

Another of the 'brave' ones who criticise others but won't reveal their own name? You get these crankpots all the time; such types always also are the Big Man/Woman when it comes to making personal comments but they *always* hide behind their computers about their own identity -- the ultimate in petty cowardice, to mouth off your opinions and be too scared to take responsibility for them. Always a sign of a small mind and someone who doesn't have the courage of their supposed convictions. :rolleyes: Such people aren't even worth acknowledging. Though Norma normally is the person who frequently demands that posters should sign their own names and not hide behind usernames. Guess that only means the people who 'dissent' (as she puts it).

:rotfl:

On the other hand, if they are 'obsessed', then I must be doing something right -- or their life must be pretty narrow and dull! :)

frecklesmom
27th May 2009, 06:54 PM
Sins, neat avatar

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/frecklesmom/avatar_96731.jpg makes me think of Cookie Monster :-D

Cathy Moon
28th May 2009, 05:06 AM
Sins, neat avatar

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/frecklesmom/avatar_96731.jpg
cl*p:rotfl:

sins
28th May 2009, 10:08 AM
That's fine then! No milk for you two with your cookies:D
Sins

harleyfarley
28th May 2009, 10:43 AM
I post there every now and again when it suits me, and in general I enjoy some of the topics. However, this site is a zillion times more entertaining and educational! I would, however, like to know who this "Sparky" character is. He/she seems quite obsessed with you Karlin! Their only listed friend is Norma, so it must be another big breeder.

That one is always quick to pick up any weak points that i have in my posts ie proof of what i state etc, and seems to have a problem with karlin and margaret, and anyone else who know what they are talking about.

sins
28th May 2009, 11:17 AM
Don't worry about it Di.
I think you're referring to the troll?
Internet trolls are differentiated from people who genuinely wish to present a different viewpoint by their attitudes and aggressiveness; their goal is not to discuss a situation, but to frustrate the members of a discussion board.
The best way to deal with someone like this Di is to ignore them.Simply don't reply.
There are plenty of people who will try to answer your questions and help.
Sins

*Pauline*
28th May 2009, 11:35 AM
Here's an interesting article on Internet Trolls. Also take note of the "Sock Puppet", another phenomenon taking place on Cavalier forums.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-internet-troll.htm

Karlin
28th May 2009, 11:43 AM
http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/22-cav

GREAT job folks! A nice slap in the face to those sad breeders who so selfishly pushed to REMOVE these provisions at the AGM. Obviously the wider club disagreed with them.

Brian M
28th May 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi Di and Sins

You two ladies be ever so careful on there it dangerous country with all sorts of horrible beasties roaming around waiting to hoover :v*cuum:you up and entrap you and pop you into a black hole and destined to wander forever.:yikes

sins
28th May 2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the advice Brian,
Actually the inhabitants are very like us really.They worship these little deities called cavaliers,they're similar to our species of cavalier (but just better looking!!):D.
They read a lot more from their bible though than we do.I've seen a copy of it.They call it the "breed standard".
Previously it was thought that we wouldn't be able to survive in the atmosphere being so used to the high concentration of hellfire and brimstone here,but we're an adaptable race and if you take a deep breath,count to ten and slowly exhale you'll be grand:p.
Tis true about the troll over there.It harbours fantasies about feeding on the flesh of CT members/site owners but the trick is not to let it feed off you.It'll eventually starve to death if ignored.
If it wonders what CT site owners taste like then sadly it'll die wondering!!
Sins

sins
28th May 2009, 12:31 PM
Back to the DW article on the liaison meeting.....It's great to see progress being made.Long may it continue.
Sins

harleyfarley
28th May 2009, 01:00 PM
Hi Di and Sins

You two ladies be ever so careful on there it dangerous country with all sorts of horrible beasties roaming around waiting to hoover :v*cuum:you up and entrap you and pop you into a black hole and destined to wander forever.:yikes

I cant help it they just ANNOY ME so much, and some people seem to think we give a d*** who they are, who cares theyre not important or brave enough to get their heads of the sand.

Back to DW Yes its about time i cant beleive the breeders were actually against scanning, obviously worred what they might find prehaps :razz: di

*Pauline*
28th May 2009, 01:13 PM
On a more positive note. This should be a uniting moment, both the breeders and the pet owners agreed on something that will benefit Cavaliers. Can we just be thankful for small mercies. :thmbsup:

sins
28th May 2009, 01:17 PM
Absolutely Pauline!:thmbsup:
Sins

chloe92us
28th May 2009, 02:38 PM
Amen to that, Pauline!

Brian M
28th May 2009, 03:04 PM
Hi Di

I wonder if that was why a few of the beasties appeared so interested that our Pet Owners Petition had questions there that were completely voluntary to answer but enquired what we payed for our pets and if anybody wanted to comment on their own pets health and also what was the KC name of their Cavaliers .Why are some of them so concerned,:confused: do they have things to hide, as with this information you could possibly identify breeders who may or may not have a good health record ,it would be interesting to know how our pet owners answered these questions. Does it all come down to traceability and accepting some responsibilty for puppies past, present and future, and it seems so self defeating that certain members on CC are still refusing to accept the democratically agreed new guidelines that have passed by their elected representatives.:confused:

Brian M
28th May 2009, 03:13 PM
Hi

Being at work and hopping on and off I am a couple of hours behind answering
any posts but I am in full agreement with Pauline.:)

Margaret C
28th May 2009, 05:36 PM
On a more positive note. This should be a uniting moment, both the breeders and the pet owners agreed on something that will benefit Cavaliers. Can we just be thankful for small mercies. :thmbsup:

Pauline,

You have a wise head on your young ( well to me anyway) shoulders.

Now all we need is for the Kennel Club to start sending out information about MVD, SM and eye testing to all the breeders that register cavaliers, and we will really be making some progress.

Margaret C

harleyfarley
28th May 2009, 09:30 PM
Pauline,

You have a wise head on your young ( well to me anyway) shoulders.

Now all we need is for the Kennel Club to start sending out information about MVD, SM and eye testing to all the breeders that register cavaliers, and we will really be making some progress.

Margaret C

Hurrah, then we would indeed be getting somewhere, that what i suggested when i first joined the forum but was told (on CC) that that would never happen. di