• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Liason Meeting

frecklesmom

Don't think I can crosspost comment on CavTalk but statement is so positive for Liaison Meeting with everyone voting for following protocols-:pi*no:
:thnku: CKCS members.

Last edited:
cl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*p
Thank you for that update & thank you to CKCS members

I have tried to say well done on the Cavalier Chat forum but, despite their assurances that they don't censor posts, they are blocking some of mine.

Margaret C

Oh yes and Brian is totally banned on the same place, which swore it would never ban anyone. :rolleyes:

I guess the admin there is as evil as me. :rotfl:

Delighted all the efforts made by the "dissenting" Club membership (which seems to be considerably larger than the small core group of breeders who voted this proposal down in the first place!) and pet owners to make sure this issue remained prominent succeeded. Good work to all! :*nana:

Wonderful news! cl*p

It's good to read there were so many signatures! :-D

So sorry you're being censored Margaret. I've actually been considering contacting a former psychology professor of mine at a nearby university to find out if any of his students would be interested in studying that site as a prime case of 'social bullying'. Would make a good start on a research paper at the very least. Enough said!

If im allowed to say this (if not please delete) but I dont know quite how you bear it Margaret,it upsets me enough just reading it & i cannot see how anyone could possibly have been offended by our raising a petition meant to show our support:confused: It most certainly was never an attack on breeders in general as has been said,nor was any of it falsified as was accused etc etc. Disgusting.
However the only thing that matters is that the future should be brighter for our little 'uns & that is GREAT!!

Wonderful news! cl*p

It's good to read there were so many signatures! :-D

So sorry you're being censored Margaret. I've actually been considering contacting a former psychology professor of mine at a nearby university to find out if any of his students would be interested in studying that site as a prime case of 'social bullying'. Would make a good start on a research paper at the very least. Enough said!

That would be very interesting cathy, did you know ive been warned twice by the admin, and i get quite hard time on there, Brians my biggest fan, lol as for what they say about Margaret, well.... its enough to give anyone a complex.
This site is so lovely in comarison :lotsaluv: and everyone on it, di

see they even made me forget what i supposed to post, WELL DONE EVERYONE a brilliant result i think

Last edited:
Not exactly fair

It is interesting that I am being moderated, although I have never been impolite, while other members, in an attempt to discourage me from posting, have been allowed to write outright insults directed at me......

"You could bring along your broomstick"

"OMG, I'm surprised to see you here during daylight Margaret.............that certainly dispells some folk lore for me"

"I also luv Limericks...............................I'll start one off.......................
Margaret Carter was a f*rter.." ( The asterix is mine )

Not exactly a great level of debate.

The thing that I think unfair is that every time I point out something that is widely known among breeders and exhibitors, sometimes even information that has already been mentioned on the cavaliertalk forum, one of the Moderators, Sandra, alleges that I have given away confidential information...........

"am afraid that once again Margaret has used information that she was privy to as Health Representative of the Club, once again abusing the position that she held."

I wrote a post pointing out that she really couldn't go on saying that everything that was common knowledge became confidential information when told to me, but that post disappeared into thin air.

Margaret C

I too ventured onto the 'Dark Side' icon_devil in the hope to find out more about the breed that I have fallen in love with.
I was pretty shocked at the 'bully tactics'. I very rarely look on there now as I have much nicer friends on this forum and the help and support is second to none.
Margaret you have always conducted yourself in a very professional manner and behaved in a respectful way, whenever you have put your point across.
You've played a pivotal part in bringing the issues to table and you should be proud of yourself as I am of you.

My Mother used to call people like them the "Knitted knicker brigade"

It conjures up an image that I cant now get out of my mind when Im reading all the horrible things they write about people that are only trying to help.

Any way great that things are finally moving on:*nana::*nana:

i only come on here, i like my comfort zones ya see. but if that is really happening then its disgusting! Margaret we think your fab!!!

i am a bit lost tho, does this mean the breeding protocols are being added or what?

Margaret you have always conducted yourself in a very professional manner and behaved in a respectful way said:
Beautifully put teambella, i couldnt agree more

Hi

I see Sparky on the old fxxxx forum is suggesting that I acted in a disgraceful manner on their breeders CC forum and also suggested I may have had some supporters, well I hope I have some friends but I am sure on that on this forum we are just a group of like minded people who all want exactly the same IE The Health and Welfare of our Cavaliers first and last.And the other perplexing point is that the very same f word that I used and then received a life time ban for has now been used again by a certain person that uses the tag Ellie :oops:Millhill in a stupid attempt to start a limerick including Margaret's name and that f word :confused: . Freedom of speech for the select few and moderation if you don't toe the party line for the rest.
And A BIG Thank You To Margaret and all the other UK CKCS members who have righted one very big wrong by including the Sm Protocol into The Clubs Code Of Ethics.:thnku:

The best thing about having so many of those people corralled into one convenient place is that their own behaviour and posts reveal them for what they are -- in that sense the site has been an absolute godsend to many of us, as the other list where they behave similarly is 'private' (if a bit porous! icon_devil). I absolutely love sending people to read the forum and it has been incredibly useful to use threads there as evidence for APGAW and the Bateson enquiry into whether controls should be placed on dog breeding. (y) So many have such little self control or insight into how truly awful they sound. Just perfect for pointing out how some prominent people have their heads in the sand and why, as their own breed club chairwoman indicated, it will probably take legislation from outside the clubs to force people to look after the breed's welfare.

The puerile nature of some of those posts and attacks certainly will help these committees to consider whether such people are appropriate guardians of a breed and are so pathetically immature as to suggest an inability to comprehend (or address) the serious issues facing the breed.

Can anyone answer this question for me, when this goes to the Parent Club AGM next year can the same people who voted for the COE re SM not to be added to the guidelines still vote against it being added?
Yes it is good news but it reads guidelines not mandotory, while we have the likes of the Inglis's and Barwells who will NOT follow the guidelines then the Breed is still vunerable.:(

Can anyone answer this question for me, when this goes to the Parent Club AGM next year can the same people who voted for the COE re SM not to be added to the guidelines still vote against it being added?
Yes it is good news but it reads guidelines not mandotory, while we have the likes of the Inglis's and Barwells who will NOT follow the guidelines then the Breed is still vunerable.:(

Yes, they can vote the guidelines out again, and yes, those who do not want to follow the guidelines can continue to use unscanned cavaliers for breeding.

We can only hope that more health minded members will attend the AGM next year and make a difference.

I think that many breeders will come to see the need for positive action as they receive the results of their own scans.

Margaret C

I think that many breeders will come to see the need for positive action as they receive the results of their own scans.

I agree -- I think the biggest shift towards scanning I've seen in the past 5 years was not so much the research results, but was due to the many breeders who were sure SM was a minor problem with few dogs affected, beginning to see the results coming back from early scan programmes (especially the N Carolina study in the US, where many breeders brought some dogs, and also the UK programmes). It was clear that many were shocked that dogs they assumed were clear were not, and some of those had quite bad syrinxes. Those that had good results too will have been an encouragement to find out more about one's own lines. Also, for the numerous breeders with a conscience... :cool: ... it is the horror of having bred a puppy that goes on to develop SM and learning of this from the new owners, often pet owners (as they take the bulk of any breeder's pups).

There's a lot of quiet scanning going on, and I think once you've scanned and seen what is inside the heads of the dogs in your own home, assuming you don't have a heart of stone, it raises commitment to scan as much as is possible within a breeder's programme.

I guess the thing that I don't understand is that we are dealing with sweet living little creatures. The intense pain and shortened life span that are caused by MVD and SM are things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy much less these wonderful little dogs. The fact that a dog or bitch won't be used in a breeding program doesn't mean a thing to me if that little animal is in pain. I would think that the "responsible" breeder would want what is best for all the puppies that are born in their care. I can't imagine ANY breeder who cares about the puppies that they produce who wouldn't follow the health guidelines to the letter. They certainly are very careful to produce puppies with the "look" they want.

I started the process of registering with CC but the venom there was just too much for me. I just had to laugh to myself when a certain poster made that terrible comment about Margaret bringing her "broomstick". I am sure that comment didn't sit too well with her buddy, the self-proclaimed "witch" that posts there. MC....maybe she'll lend you HER broomstick!:rotfl:

J.

Last edited:
Back