PDA

View Full Version : 140 Cavaliers

frecklesmom
29th May 2009, 02:09 PM
:cry*ing: Please give kind thoughts to the 140 little Cavaliers who will be on the auction block in Missouri this weekend at puppy mill auctions. :xfngr: they will not be recycled into more breeding .Have no doubt that any Rescues that will be involved continue to need volunteers and financial assistance.

brotymo
29th May 2009, 02:23 PM
I wish I were close enough to volunteer. It sickens me to think of the lives they have led. My heart aches for them. I am hopeful that this is the end of their suffering and the start of a wonderful new life.

ilsamom
29th May 2009, 04:49 PM
Please explain - I already want to cry for the poor pups but don't understand what the auction signifies.

Jen and Ilsa

mrsfarmer
29th May 2009, 06:15 PM
wow 140! I sure wish I was able to help foster, but we don't have a fenced yard and I'm sure hubby would not go for it.

I hope they can find furever happiness soon!

frecklesmom
29th May 2009, 07:28 PM
This is only one weekend,one state and one auction house :(
Ilsa's Mom, these dogs will all be from the puppy mill farms that are closing out the breed, thinning the ranks of non-performers (breeders) or closing their mill completely. Auction house's come to the site and auction off the dogs to other breeders, individuals and some rescue's that usually attend incognito. Rescues often take the dogs that no one else wants. To me it is a heartbreaking day except for those who can look forward to a new life with Rescue.
The US has approximately 10,000 puppy mills.

Cathy Moon
30th May 2009, 01:39 AM
Those dog auctions are so upsetting! :( I wish every state would make them illegal as Pennsylvania has done!

tara
30th May 2009, 02:53 AM
My neighbor is with another breed rescue and they are heading to Missouri this weekend. She hopes to pick up several dogs at auction. She told me that she's aware of a couple different rescues going to Missouri for small dogs -- one going specifically for cavaliers. My neighbor's concern is that other millers are supposedly coming in from other states to pick up dogs for their own mills.

My thoughts and prayers are with the dogs and the rescue groups.

brotymo
30th May 2009, 04:29 PM
yes, that is a problem. Other millers will be looking to these dogs to add to their mills. These poor dogs, many to most of them may just be stepping from the frying pan into the fire.

Justine
31st May 2009, 01:18 PM
Heartbreaking,sometimes i hate humans....