• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Camping with Cavalier?

MishathePooh

I'm taking my little guy camping for the first time this weekend. We're only going for about 24 hours, but he's never been camping before. He does come just about everywhere else with me though!

Is there anything I need to know in advance? Thanks!

I find it useful to take three things with me (bearing in mind that I don't have a car to pop dogs into, and am usually at a campsite that doesn't like loose dogs): 1. a corkscrew tether, so that you can tie your dog up near the tent when you're doing things like putting the tent up, taking it down, cooking, or going to fetch water, go to the toilet block or whatever; 2. a small collapsible crate, for leaving him in the tent in similar circumstances if the weather's bad (Oliver's OK just shut in the tent, but Aled scratches if he gets worried!), and also for sleeping in; 3. a quilted jacket to use as pyjamas - even in English summer, tents can get very cold at night! We've just had a week's holiday in a tent at a small camp site in Northumberland, and regularly camp overnight before obedience shows, and both dogs seem to really enjoy it - hope you two have a good time!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Camping

We have taken our Riley camping several times, he loves it! We do also take a large old blanket to put on the ground outside. As some campgrounds we have been in don't always have the nice grass area to lounge and play in. So large blanket and toys that he can have outside in the dirt, etc... We also have along his grooming kit, just in case we need to do any kind of cleaning up after hiking, etc...

I am jealous, enjoy!
Barb, Gregg and Riley!

Back