• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

68 Cavaliers :(

Rumor

I belong to many rescue/transport groups & occasionally receive emails about dog auctions. I got this yesterday listing 58 females & 10 males, ages 1yr. - 9yrs. I have never seen this many Cavalier's at one auction & it breaks my heart that I can't do anything about it. :bang:

Link removed by admin

OMG !

I hope our US cavalier rescue programs were aware and are able to step in somehow...68 dogs...I wish I were able to save every single one.

Curious where do you hear about these...are there ones in the us can you fine them by state????

I know so many people who have been looking for cavs and others.

I'm happy to say that the rescue group I volunteer with, Greater Chicago Cavalier Rescue, saved 10 of the 60 or so Cavaliers from the "dispersal sale" in Missouri. What an awful term. They are all female ex-breeding Cavaliers, and from what I know, they are between 3-7 years old...they look really sweet, so hopefully they will be adopted soon and live a good life :)

Curious where do you hear about these...are there ones in the us can you fine them by state????

I know so many people who have been looking for cavs and others.

In my opinion, this is the worst place to look for to buy a pet cavalier. These dogs are mill dogs - meaning you have no idea the hereditary conditions they might have. If your friends are up to rescue the dogs, that is great, but in that instance it's definitely better to support rescues. Pet insurance, of course, is a good idea (this coming from one cavalier whose hereditary information I have no clue of that cost my insurance $3,000 to fix).

I am so glad to hear that GCCR was able to get 10 out!! :w**h**: I also believe Lucky Star was able to get 12 :*nana:

I have removed the link. Please read the intro on what is appropriate to post in the Getting Started section. A reminder that it is not OK to post links to auctions -- not least because tipping the auctioneers off that rescue will be there means prices go UP and fewer dogs will get out. This is an open forum and *anyone* can do a basic Google search and find a thread within minutes of it being posted. On average it takes less than an hour for any thread here to be indexed by Google now. Millers and auctioneers use the internet, too. We all want as many dogs to have a better future as possible but open discussion like this reduces that possibility. (y) I know this can seem like a group of people we all know and a private conversation but on average the board has currently about 15,000 individual visitors every *month* now and I've no doubt that some are millers, puppy farmers, brokers and backyard breeders.

Additionally: I know no one intends it, but because there's a link, these are bordering on libellous comments as we have no information at all about these dogs, how they were treated, who is selling them, etc... of course conclusions may be drawn given the context but not online in a public forum that refers to a SPECIFIC event and therefore SPECIFIC breeders. There's more detail on what is potentially libellous in the Getting Started section. It is fine to have a discussion on an event like this without posting a link or mentioning the place or other details, so the general discussion is fine. People also can post that they will send the link to those interested, by PM or email.

Thanks for keeping these points in mind if posting in future on such events. (y)

OMG, a "dispersal sale" of 68 cavs right here in Missouri, the Puppy Mill capital of the United States... sometimes I am ashamed I live in this state! :(

Tawna

Sorry about the link. I didn't think about it until after the fact. I'm usually more careful than that.

I'm glad some were saved & can now have a wonderful life.

I've looked online, but "puppy mill" and "auction" are too vague - anyone who has been to these where you've retrieved a Cavalier (or two or three or ?) taken pictures? I'm really curious.

Back