• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help

frecklesmom

Lost my head! Wanted this as new post.

Lucky Star rescued 18 Cavaliers at the Auctions on Saturday in Missouri. 12 of the Cavaliers were to come North but the individual who was going to transport :drivecar:didn't realize they wouldn't fit in her vehicle. :yikes They are still at the site and need to be transported and help is needed. They may remain on site for 3 days only. If you can offer assistance please PM me and I will give you contacts. :thnx:

I wish I were there to help. Georgia is so far away and in the wrong direction. :(

so glad some of those poor babies were rescued. If I had the extra money to do so, I'd buy every one and give them to rescue to save.

I'm so glad this got worked out. It's 95 degrees in Kansas and Missouri today, so the thought of them waiting at the site made me very sad.

Do you know what happened to the other cavaliers at auction yesterday? My neighbor called me from the site (she was there with another breed rescue) and said there were 70 total cavaliers. She thought a cavalier rescue was in the midst of negotiating to take them all for a lump sum. I wonder what happened?

The 12 that are coming North are females-10 Blen and 2 Tri. The transporters, husband and wife, are leaving this am from Minneapolis for an 18 hr round trip to get these little ones. Setting up transport "legs" is not effective in this part of the US-just not enough owners and rescue people. Hopefully this can change. Others are contributing to cost of transport as this is going to be spendy for them esp. now with gas prices on the upswing.
On one forum it was said that dogs went for $1.00, $.50 and even a penny-very low bidding overall.

rescues.jpg

The 12. Waiting their turn for bath, nail trim,etc. Everything a first for them-probably the first time they've ever had a loving hand cleaning away years of grunge. Sweet Cavaliers. icon_welcome to your new life.

Aww look at them all. Good job to all the rescuers. People might want to consider giving some financial support, no matter how small it might seem every little bit adds up for rescue groups. Or keep in mind that when you buy items from sites like www.helpingudders.com you can have them donate part of your purchase price to Lucky Star. It's easy to sign up.

Back