PDA

View Full Version : My Baby is sick

ilsamom
31st May 2009, 08:28 PM
:(

Ilsa woke up this morning, walked as usual and afterwards began vomiting for over 2 hours straight. This being Sunday (and tomorrow a holiday here in France) her regular vet was closed until tuesday so we jumped a taxi to the emergency vet. She examined Ilsa for all of 10 minutes, told me she had a virus and gave her a shot and a prescription for some pills. She still won't walk, eat (even her favorites with her obligatory SM pills) and I am terrified and have no idea what to do. I called the clinic back and they told me to let her rest but I hate to see her like this. I am so afraid for my little girl.

Jen and Ilsa

*Pauline*
31st May 2009, 08:35 PM
If she doesn't improve, I'd ask for blood work to be done to see how she is coping on her SM meds. Just my opinion.

sins
31st May 2009, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. All you can do is let her sleep and fight the virus herself.It's a dreadful worry when you have to sit up with a very ill dog. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.
Sins

*Pauline*
31st May 2009, 10:55 PM
How is she doing now? :hug:

brotymo
1st June 2009, 12:19 AM
If she's stopped vomiting and isn't having diarrhea, I'd let her rest. Think about what you need when you have a tummy virus. Typically, I feel wiped out and if I am not hanging over the loo, then I am wanting to be curled up asleep. They probably feel the same way. Last time Bandit and Lizzie were like that (at the same time) once the vet gave them a shot, they finally stopped shivering and vomiting and slept for about 4 hours straight. When they woke up they felt so much better. It took another day or so to completely straighten out their bowels, but I think the rest was much needed.
I do hope she feels much better soon. It is so worrying when they are unwell.

harrysmum
1st June 2009, 01:44 AM
Hope your girl is on the mend now, why do they always get sick at a weekend?! :( Let us know how she is doing.

jld
1st June 2009, 03:52 AM
Thinking of you, please let us know how she is...

pippa
1st June 2009, 02:39 PM
How is poor little Isla? on the mend I hope.

ilsamom
2nd June 2009, 01:18 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. She moped around most of today but did perk up and eat something tonight so I think she is feeling better. She has her acupuncture tomorrow anyway so we'll see the vet. I hate to see her like that - she looks so pathetic.:(

Jen and Ilsa

*Pauline*
2nd June 2009, 01:50 AM
Oh I'm glad Ilsa is improving. I'm sure the acupuncture will help also.

pippa
2nd June 2009, 01:26 PM
Glad that she seems to be on the mend :)

tupup
2nd June 2009, 10:43 PM
im just catching up-sorry to hear Ilsa's been poorly little poppet & glad to see she's on the mend, it rips your heart out to see them ill so i hope you are doing ok too:hug:

Love my Cavaliers
3rd June 2009, 03:34 AM
Just saw your post Jen - I was visiting my parents for the past week. How is little Ilsa? I hope she's pretty much back to normal by now. Did she see the vet today?