• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chloe taken overnight at vets

Louise1823

Just had to bring Chloe to the vets cause she's been off her food since yesterday and today she vomited at lunch time. I noticed there was some blood in her poops at lunchtime too. Her tummy was making the strangest noises through the night and was still the same when teh vet had a listen.
She has a temperature, so they decided to keep her in to give her fluids through a drip.

We were at the beach with the 3 of them on Monday and she was perfectly fine and loved it. I just hope she hasn't picked up something nasty in the sand/water.

:xfngr: she will react well to the antibiotics and will be feeling better in the morn. Ive to ring at 11am so will know more then.

Rex will be lost without her tonight! The house feels very quiet without her :(

Oh no! Hopefully it won't be anything serious and she will be a lot more comfortable after some vet care. It's always hard to leave them in as it always seems way too quiet at home.

Oh, it must be hard to have to leave her. I do hope she is feeling much more chipper in the morning. Sometimes those antibiotics do wonders very quickly for those tummy problems.

Big :hug:for you & gentle:hug: for Chloe.

Hope she's feeling better tomorrow hun xx

:xfngr: that Chloe is better soon & home where she belongs,isnt it awful when theyre not next to you, thinking of you :hug::hug:

Get well soon Chloe. It's stressful when they're sick.
She'll be back to her usual self shortly,it's horrible when they pick up those bugs and viruses.
Sins

Hi Louise, I hope Chloe will be back tomorrow. I know how it feels when they are not home so sympathize with you there :hug:

Oh Lou just seen this - I hope she's ok, poor Wecky Woo will miss his buddy but I'm sure Milley will keep him company. :hug::hug::hug: us xxx

Thanks everyone for the posts - just home from work now and unfortunatley :( I dont have Chloe with me..

They did an xray this morning to make sure there was no blockage in her stomach, and thankfully there isn't (I was worried she may have swallowed something she shouldnt).
It mainly showed up alot of gas in her large intestine (explains all the gurgling from her tummy), so it looks like its a dose of gastroenteritis (sp!) that she has picked up.

The vets want to keep her in for another night, they said another 24 hours on the drip will do her good and as she hasn't gone to the loo (number 2's) since she's been with them, they want to keep her until she finally manages to go and they are happy with her.

So looks like its another night without Chloe's snuggles :cry*ing:

I know she's in the best place though - and I suppose its better that we wait until she's totally free of the bug before bringing her home (don't want Millie and Rex to end up in the same situation)

So sorry to hear she's not back with you but as you say she is in the right place.

I hope she is back with you very soon and Rex and Millie escape this nasty bug.

Hugs to all your doggies.....gentle one's for Chloe....

:updte:

Chloe's home!!!! Picked her up from the vets at 5 tonight - and haven't stopped snuggling her since :rolleyes:

She still hadn't eaten that much or pooped while she was at the vets, but they reckoned the reason for this was that she was very nervous and unsettled (she is a nervous, shy little thing around strangers)

But low and behold, as soon as we took her home she went straight out the back too the loo!
Shes on antibiotics for the next few days and a diet of brown rice and chicken.
So apart from 2 shaved paws (one in a pretty purple bandage) she's fine and loving being back home - the place feels normal again! :jmp:

I'm so glad she is back. Rice and chicken can constipate (not enough fiber) so look out for that. I hope she can get onto normal food soon.

Great news that she is home! And so funny that she waited til she got home to reward you with a poop! :lol: Now everyone will be (literally) relieved!

Back