PDA

View Full Version : Fun Dog Show ESSEX

*Pauline*
3rd June 2009, 09:25 PM
FUN DOG SHOW AT HYLANDS PARK, ESSEX ON 27TH SEPTEMBER 2009

Woofers, Hounds And Mutts is a fun day out for all the family, its aim is to raise money for doggie related charities and to encourage responsible dog ownership within the Borough and the surrounding counties. This year the event is going to be held at Hylands Park, Essex, on 27th September 2009.

Well, I promised you a get together this summer and I think this would be perfect. This isn't too far from me in Chelmsford.

Click here (http://www.whamshow.co.uk/) for all the details.

And you can see last years show here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=G90kcwYLUyk) on youtube. Well done to the lady talking about therapy dogs with all that singing going on in the background!

MadPip
4th June 2009, 05:58 PM
What a brilliant idea. Now we just have to hope the weather's ok on the day.:w**h**::w**h**:

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 06:10 PM
Oh I am glad you can come :*nana: I got a phone call today, another friend is hoping to come even though it's a one and a half hour drive, so that's really nice of her.

I just thought it was a good place as, if not many forum members come, at least there will be lots to do and see.

I am hoping for a group photo of us all. That would be cool. Oh and I will be entering Dylan in some fun shows (if I'm brave enough on the day. By the time we get there, knowing Dylan loves to mark if he meets a male dog, we may win best smelly dog!

harleyfarley
4th June 2009, 06:13 PM
Not to far for me either Pauline, hey, we could have our meet up there, what do you think, di

Justine
4th June 2009, 06:22 PM
Oh would love to go.

Margaret C
4th June 2009, 06:39 PM
I hope to come.

lesjoanne
4th June 2009, 06:42 PM
Looks fantastic - we are down in Portsmouth but will definitely consider coming up for that day.:thmbsup:

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 06:50 PM
That's the plan Di. :thmbsup:

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 06:54 PM
I hope to come.

Will you be bringing any dogs Margaret? Chins or Cavaliers? I might just bring a holdall and sneak one of the Chins home! It's been done before!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/104/294377781_3e7a520c20.jpg

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 06:56 PM
Looks fantastic - we are down in Portsmouth but will definitely consider coming up for that day.:thmbsup:

Hope you can make it. We will all have to post pics of ourselves so we can recognize each other or wear a red carnation! :p

Margaret C
4th June 2009, 07:09 PM
Will you be bringing any dogs Margaret? Chins or Cavaliers? I might just bring a holdall and sneak one of the Chins home! It's been done before!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/104/294377781_3e7a520c20.jpg

I may bring a little Chin, but I'll check your bag before we say goodbye.

I'm not sure that the cavaliers will enjoy such a day out now. Sunshine ( we hope ) excitement, SM, and old age could make it a less than happy outing for them.

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 07:16 PM
I may bring a little Chin, but I'll check your bag before we say goodbye. :lol:

MadPip
4th June 2009, 09:40 PM
Hope you can make it. We will all have to post pics of ourselves so we can recognize each other or wear a red carnation! :p

It might have to be the carnation for me - as you might be able to tell, I've not sussed out the picture posting thing yet.:jump:

charliegail
4th June 2009, 10:15 PM
Hope to go if i can get a lift.

meljoy
4th June 2009, 11:14 PM
Chelmsford is only 30 minutes from us......Leo and I hope to be there too:jump:
Mel

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 11:27 PM
It might have to be the carnation for me - as you might be able to tell, I've not sussed out the picture posting thing yet.:jump:

If you email me a pic, I can post it. I like the idea of the carnation though! :flwr:

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 11:33 PM
Chelmsford is only 30 minutes from us......Leo and I hope to be there too:jump:
Mel

Oh Mel you must go, would love a photo of the boys together.

Janice
4th June 2009, 11:38 PM
Only 30 mins from me too... hope to get there if I can.

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 11:43 PM
I'm so excited, I hope everyone can come. Write it in your diaries.

:paw:27th September. :paw:

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 11:48 PM
Hope to go if i can get a lift.

Does anyone live near Basildon? Charliegail needs a lift. I am getting a lift myself, I don't drive, otherwise I would have taken you.

*Pauline*
4th June 2009, 11:49 PM
Only 30 mins from me too... hope to get there if I can.

Hope you can make it, wear a red carnation! :flwr:

harleyfarley
5th June 2009, 09:33 AM
my other half aunt might be there, she had two cavs too, di

meljoy
5th June 2009, 03:32 PM
Pauline...

Ive written it on my calander.....it would great to meet everyone and like you said to get Dylan and Leo together for a family photo shoot:w**h**:

charliegail
7th June 2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks pauline i wll try to ge there.:dogwlk:

MadPip
7th June 2009, 10:20 PM
Does anyone live near Basildon? Charliegail needs a lift. I am getting a lift myself, I don't drive, otherwise I would have taken you.

I do - we'll have to arrange something nearer the time when I know for definite I'm not working that day. I only have a little car, and will probably have 3 dogs with me (my two and my friends little one who we're looking after when he goes on holiday) but I'm sure we can sort something out.:thmbsup:

*Pauline*
7th June 2009, 11:32 PM
Oh fantastic, thank you very much. :drivecar:

*Pauline*
29th June 2009, 11:28 AM
Just bumping this up for anyone who may have missed it. You all still coming girls?

meljoy
29th June 2009, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone,

We're definitely still coming...cant wait:-D

Mel X

Margaret C
29th June 2009, 02:07 PM
I have got it in the diary.

harleyfarley
29th June 2009, 04:57 PM
me too, di

Sabby
29th June 2009, 07:15 PM
We might come up from Leicester :p and stay the night with my husbands family.
I have to see if I can book the Monday of work otherwise we would have to travel back the same day and that would make it a long day.
I really hope we can make it. I would love to meet Pauline & Dylan and all the others.:grin:

*Pauline*
29th June 2009, 11:23 PM
Wow Sabby, I really appreciate you coming all that way :flwr:

Sandrac
30th June 2009, 01:29 PM
We would love to have come - just my luck we are away on holiday:(

Sabby
30th June 2009, 02:51 PM
Wow Sabby, I really appreciate you coming all that way :flwr:

It would be nice to meet people and itís a chance I am not going to get again in a hurry. It is a nice day out and if we can stay with the outlaws it be even better.

*Pauline*
30th June 2009, 06:03 PM
Did you all know this place is over 500 acres? Any ideas how we can all find each other?

*Pauline*
30th June 2009, 07:49 PM
We would love to have come - just my luck we are away on holiday:(

We can always do another one. I just picked this because if anyone can't find us or if not many turn up or you want to say hello then do your own thing, there should be lots of other things to do. I do hope you ladies excuse me for a little while while I spend some money on the stalls and try to enter a show!

meljoy
1st July 2009, 11:18 AM
Finding eachother in over 500 acres should be interesting. :p
We'll need a plan before we get there I think:dogwlk:
There should be a focal point at which we could all meet. I dont mind putting my mobile phone number to anyone who wants it also....
Mel

*Pauline*
1st July 2009, 11:22 AM
I dont mind putting my mobile phone number to anyone who wants it also....
Mel

Yes, I'm definitely going to give everyone my mobile number before we go. Are we still all going to wear something recognizable like the red carnation? We can get cheap fake ones. I'll look in town today, maybe I can post out one each to you!

meljoy
1st July 2009, 07:56 PM
Thats a good idea to all wear a red carnation...at least we'll spot other eachother if we're all wandering around lost!!:-D

Mel

harleyfarley
1st July 2009, 09:29 PM
i dont mind giving people my mobile either, maybe there is a certain point, (not been there for ages) like the band stand or something and we could all gather round there. di

*Pauline*
2nd July 2009, 02:16 AM
Thats a good idea to all wear a red carnation...at least we'll spot other eachother if we're all wandering around lost!!:-D

Mel

Of course the first thing we would spot is a Cavalier, then all we have to look for is the carnation! I'm sure you've all seen enough pics of me (I'm fatter in real life!) and we should know what Margaret looks like by now so two of us sorted!

jasperpaw
2nd July 2009, 12:36 PM
Sounds like your all going to have a fun day, if your anything like me you always end up having a chat to other cavalier owners anyway, your have to take a supply of your CT cards Pauline, your love entering Dylan in a Dog Show, we use to enter Jasper, and he won a few Rossetes, we were so proud.:)

*Pauline*
2nd July 2009, 02:10 PM
What did you win in? I'm hoping for waggiest tail or prettiest eyes or something sweet like that.

jasperpaw
2nd July 2009, 02:53 PM
Jasper won handsome dog and waggiest tail, I know they are only for fun but we were so pleased, Dylan should win something - who cannot resist a cavalier, but maybe I am biased.

*Pauline*
2nd July 2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah but they'll be quite a few Cavaliers that day :rolleyes: I don't mind if we don't win, it'll just be nice to be around all those dogs. I used to go to dog training not only for Dylan but for me to spend an hour with lots of lovely dogs!

Sabby
2nd July 2009, 07:33 PM
Even amongst all these Cavaliers Dylan should easily win something. He is so gorgeous.:l*v:

sammyjosh
5th July 2009, 03:32 PM
Hi there

I am one of the organisers of WHAM and I am thrilled to bits that some of you maybe coming along, as a long time Cavvie owner (we have had 3 over the past 20 years) its great there will be some of these gorgeous breed attending.

You will find the show located in the Park that has its entrance of Writtle Road, not the main House entrance.

We are going to get some signs up (hopefully) directing people to the Writtle road entrance.

Natalie
WHAM show Organiser

*Pauline*
6th July 2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Natalie,

Can you suggest a good meeting point please Natalie? It might be for a picnic if everyone likes that idea.

Look out for us, we should be wearing a red flower each. I suggest we all buy a fake RED flower each now, the factory shop do a whole bunch for about £1.

There may be some arriving at different times so do you all think it's a good idea to meet for a picnic at lunch time?

meljoy
6th July 2009, 03:38 PM
Hi,

If we all wear wear a fake red flower and exchange mobile numbers we should all be able to meet!:p
It sounds like a good idea to meet for a picnic at a specific place.
I really hope as many of us attend as possible as its going to be great getting all the cavs together as well of us of course:grin:

What time do you all intend getting there?

Mel

*Pauline*
6th July 2009, 04:10 PM
It starts at 10am but I'm late for everything! :rolleyes:

Chris and Katie pup
20th July 2009, 06:14 PM
Katie and I are coming too, we might even enter something (or not).

meljoy
20th July 2009, 08:53 PM
Hi,
Looking forward to seeing you there:mexwav:

Mel

*Pauline*
20th July 2009, 09:55 PM
Katie and I are coming too, we might even enter something (or not).

Hi Chris, glad you'll be coming in September. We hope to enter for at least one class, unless I chicken out! icon_blshing

The different contests are listed here:

http://www.whamshow.co.uk/schedule.php

Chris lives near me and we are having a play date with Dylan and Katie on Sunday :w**h**:

*Pauline*
26th August 2009, 07:26 PM
bump :D

MadPip
26th August 2009, 10:36 PM
Not sure I'll be able to make it, :( we'll have to see how Maddie's doing with her slipped disc. If OH is working and she's on crate rest still (vet thinks this is likely, I'm not sure, we'll have to take it 1 day at a time) I can't leave her for long.

:xfngr: she's ok by then.

*Pauline*
26th August 2009, 10:44 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that, poor Maddie. Maybe you can get her a dog stroller too. Give her a little kiss from me, I hope she is better soon :hug:

Karen and Ruby
27th August 2009, 11:41 PM
Of course the first thing we would spot is a Cavalier, then all we have to look for is the carnation! I'm sure you've all seen enough pics of me (I'm fatter in real life!) and we should know what Margaret looks like by now so two of us sorted!

I always go to the WHAM show- normally its nearer me as I live near lakeside but im definatly up for travelling a bit further away and meeting up with everyone!! What a fantastic idea. Im also going to paws in the park in kent this year if anyone will be there?

Karen

*Pauline*
28th August 2009, 12:03 AM
Im also going to paws in the park in kent this year if anyone will be there?

Karen

I'd like to go to that if I can get a lift :p

*Pauline*
8th September 2009, 02:52 AM
Looking forward to meeting you all this month. 19 days to go. PM me if you want my mobile number to help us all meet up. I'm afraid I didn't twig this was on a Sunday until recently, I'll be in a meeting till 12 noon, get there as soon as I can. I'll have to rush home, get changed, get Dylan and it's a 20 minute drive to Chelmsford. Not sure how far the the High Lands Park though, I'll do my best.

sammyjosh
16th September 2009, 04:59 PM
Only a week or so to go now:)

If you come into the main park entrance, Writtle road, over the speed bumps we are on the little site where the road forks to the right.

There are loos in the car park so a good focal point for meeting, also my caravan will be where is slightly deranged organisers will be located next to the PA/Music area.

There is also a HUGE tree where the caterers will be BBQ and hot/cold drinks so no doubt you will all find each other, and red carnations seem to be the thing to wear:D

*Pauline*
17th September 2009, 01:02 AM
There is also a HUGE tree where the caterers will be BBQ and hot/cold drinks so no doubt you will all find each other, and red carnations seem to be the thing to wear:D

Thanks for that, we'll make that the plan. Will have to let you know what time I'll be at the tree as I am in a meeting till noon. Can't wait. :w**h**:

MadPip
17th September 2009, 10:22 AM
I'm afraid I wont be able to make it :(:(. Although Maddie's much better, she's not up to a day out like that, as she gets too excited, and she wont tolerate being out and about if not under her own steam. She wriggles and fusses to the extent she may do herself more damage.

Have a good day everyone who is going, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good weather for you. Please post lots of piccies afterwards. :p

*Pauline*
17th September 2009, 10:36 AM
Oh :( Sorry you and Maddie can't come. How is she doing otherwise?

MadPip
19th September 2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks Pauline,
Maddie's not doing too badly, and has started going for short walks without the other 2 dogs. She seems to be regulating her exercise herself, so not doing too much. But, I don't want to ask too much of her, and when I massaged her yesterday (I'm a qualified canine massage therapist) she still has some soreness in her back muscles, and a little bit of stiffness in her back legs. She is improving though. thanks for asking.