PDA

View Full Version : Second hand kidney

Janice
7th June 2009, 08:47 PM
Reuben has just eaten a kidney/gall bladder he found that the cat left from its prey of last night. I dont know if it was a mouse or a young rat or what but is it dangerous to Reuben?

Chuck
7th June 2009, 11:31 PM
I am not sure, but I have seen cats die from eating poisoned mice and rats. I think I would keep a very close eye on her. You could have made her vomit if you had caught it fast.

Karlin
8th June 2009, 12:00 AM
It might have been the stomach -- usually that is what cats leave as a 'gift'... :grnyuk:

A lot of people would raw-feed their dogs and a bit of offal isn;t probably going to be a problem unless as noted there was something wrong with the rat/mouse or whatever it was. If he appears to be fine after a few hours I doubt you have anything to worry about. But if the cat is fine and ate the animal last night then I doubt there's any concern about poison.

Karlin
8th June 2009, 02:20 AM
PS That has to be one of the best thread subject headings in a long while... :lol:

Nicki
8th June 2009, 12:16 PM
Jaince you will quickly learn that Cavaliers have to scare you silly on a regular basis just so you remember how much you love them... :D

They are always getting into something they shouldn't, doing something they shouldn't - thank goodness Karlin set up this board so we could come here and check things out!!

I think they should come with a health warning really :eek: - for us!!

But how can you resist that adorable wee face - I'm sure he'd never do anything naughty.

Nice of the cat to share her dinner with him :*gh: - yes the only problem with rodents is if they've been poisoned - but I think cate are pretty sensible and tend not to bring carrion home.

Janice
8th June 2009, 07:24 PM
cl*pHe has been fine all day today... so all is well, thanks guys.