PDA

View Full Version : pre anaesthetic blood screen test ?

Jasperxxgabby
11th June 2009, 10:13 PM
Jasper is having xrays done tomorrow and obviously having anaesthetic, on the information sheet they have given me it says he can have a blood screening test to see if his system is well enough. Should I have this test done on him, it is not that expensive really :(, I didn't opt to have the test with Gabby because she was under one and she was fine, but Jasper is 4 this year. Just can't wait for this time tomorrow.

Cathy Moon
12th June 2009, 01:46 AM
I opt for the pre-anesthetic screening blood test - it provides information about their general health. You'll also find out if your cavalier has the abnormal platelets that affect approximately 30% of cavaliers. It's better to find this out when they're healthy. Ask for a copy of his results to keep in your own files. :thmbsup:

Cathy T
12th June 2009, 02:38 AM
If mine haven't had a blood panel done 6 months prior then I do one. Before their dentals in February we found out Jake had an elevated liver enzyme count....it did go back down, but had we not done the blood panel, I wouldn't have known. I say, for peace of mind, do it.

Jasperxxgabby
12th June 2009, 10:47 AM
Jasper had the blood test, I just had the phone call to say the results are good. He is now under anaesthetic having his xrays and a lump removed from just above his left ear. Just a waiting game now to hear he is out of the anaesthetic and then to wait for around 4ish when I can go to collect him

Cathy Moon
12th June 2009, 11:42 AM
:xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw: All of our fingers and paws are crossed for him. :flwr:

Cathy T
12th June 2009, 04:07 PM
Let us know how he does. Will be thinking about him today.

Jasperxxgabby
12th June 2009, 09:09 PM
:thnx: have pm you both:).
He is home now, is ear looks unsightly and I didn't like to look at him at first but I am getting used to it. Just getting my head around a couple of things :(

Cathy Moon
13th June 2009, 12:24 AM
I know what you mean. Seeing India after her spay and after her knee surgery was very difficult at first.

Just keep reminding yourself he'll look and feel a little better each day. :flwr::flwr::flwr:

Lani
13th June 2009, 12:43 AM
I hope Jasper gets better soon.

Cathy T
13th June 2009, 04:06 PM
Just remember how resilient they are. I was in tears when I brought each of mine home from their surgeries...and smiling two days later when they were back to their goofy little selves. Fingers crossed you get everything sorted out with Jasper.