PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this look like a Cav to you guys?

nicoles94
12th June 2009, 02:09 AM
Going through petfinder last night and came across this little guy at a kill shelter. I stopped because at first glance I thought it was a Ruby Cav.
http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/IL26/IL26.13851275-1-pn.jpg

But looking closely at him, his ears are set a little lower than Cavs are, so I'm thinking he might be a Cav/Cocker mix?

What do you think?

Here (http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13851275) is the link to this beautiful little guy. I'm thinking of calling tomorrow to see if he is still available.

Mom of Jato
12th June 2009, 02:17 AM
I think he is a cavalier. Cockers have a different coat. He is beautiful whatever he is....it would be wonderful if you helped rescue him! Keep us posted. :thmbsup:

HollyDolly
12th June 2009, 02:56 AM
No doubt that he is a Cavalier. Some do have low set ears especially when they are unhappy, and can you blame him?
I do hope you can save this beautiful dog. Let us know and good luck.

Nanette

cb2u
12th June 2009, 03:03 AM
Please please rescue him! :xfngr:

Lani
12th June 2009, 03:12 AM
As the owner of 2 ruby Cavaliers I'd say definitely a Cavalier. Lucky's ears a set low like that too ... sparky's are a little higher.

Click on my avatar and you'll see my photo album with lots of pictures of Lucky that look a LOT like that lil' guy.

I hope you can rescue the little cutie.

vikki
12th June 2009, 03:17 AM
good luck

FlaresofChardonnay
12th June 2009, 03:28 AM
Oh my! He's gorgeous... and yeah, looks like a cavalier to me. He may have a little something thrown in but he's gorgeous either way and you should run to the shelter and get him.

I would, if I could.

Good luck!

lorebringer
12th June 2009, 08:47 AM
Looks like a Cavalier to me. At a stretch, he could be an American Cocker mix but I really doubt it. There is nothing to compare his size to in the photos but I really doubt he is anything other than a Cavalier. Did you ring to see if he is still there?

tupup
12th June 2009, 11:05 AM
Oh i do really hope you can get him, please keep us posted, good luck(be quick!)IMHO he's a cavalier looking grumpy is all!

Jasperxxgabby
12th June 2009, 12:00 PM
Aww he is gorgeous, poor thing, I hope you can help him :xfngr:

Charlifarley
12th June 2009, 12:32 PM
Def looks like a cav to me, maybe the shelter doesn't know about the CKC breed and tagged him as a cocker? Hope you manage to rescue him, he looks like a lovely guy.

Karlin
12th June 2009, 12:34 PM
Very long legs; given build and head, could well be a cav/cocker cross which would be my guess. Possibly cav too! Cocker/cav mixes can look very cavlike though.

harleyfarley
12th June 2009, 12:58 PM
Who cares what he his, looks gorgous to me, let us know if you get him. di

ClevelandCavs
12th June 2009, 02:46 PM
I do agree that he may have a little bit of cocker in him, but for the most part he sure looks like a cavalier!

I hope you can rescue him, keep us updated :xfngr:

Karlin
12th June 2009, 03:42 PM
Yes keep us informed! :D