PDA

View Full Version : Fun Run

Kate H
15th June 2009, 11:58 AM
Hi all

Coventry has an annual Fun Run which is unique in that it lets you run to raise funds for any charity, not just one chosen by the organisers. So Oliver, Aled and I are doing it on Sunday 28 June (walking the 5 kms, not running!) to raise money for two charities: Cavalier Health Research at the Animal Health Trust, and Pets as Therapy (Oliver is a PAT visitor and I am Area Coordinator for PAT volunteers in Coventry and Warwickshire). I would be very grateful if you are able to sponsor me - you can choose which charity to support or divide the money between both. I don't need the money now, just your name, contact phone number or email address, and the amount you are able to give.

Everybody is finding money tight at the moment, so any contributions, however small, will be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Wagtails
15th June 2009, 04:08 PM
Well done, Kate. What a great idea to be able to raise money for whichever charity you like :w**h**:

Will be able to sponsor you and will send you an e-mail with details later. Hope some of the others will be able to as well, especially those of us who attended your excellent Fun Day recently.

All best, Marie-Anne

Margaret C
15th June 2009, 07:10 PM
I'll sponsor you Kate. I'll email you later.

I know you have been raising money through this Fun Run for quite some years now.
I do admire your energy.

Brian M
15th June 2009, 08:36 PM
Hi Kate

Not to be forgotton pop me in as well ,will send PM with details you ask for .Good Luck enjoy it the two of you and two smashing charities.:)

Wagtails
22nd June 2009, 05:21 AM
Just a little "bump" for Kate's sponsored Fun Run on 28th June. Can anyone else on here help her out for her good causes?

Cheers, Marie-Anne

sugarkane74
23rd June 2009, 04:09 PM
Hi
I will sponser you too... will pm you my details.

Kate H
29th June 2009, 12:53 PM
Thank you to all who sponsored us - there are still sponsors coming forward, but I think we have raised over 100 for the EBV research and the same for Pets as Therapy. We were lucky with the weather yesterday - we walked the 3 miles between 10.30 and 11.30 and there was quite a lot of cloud and the sun didn't begin to get really hot until the end. I had water for all of us with me and several people stood outside their houses with hosepipes, so the dogs got nicely drenched as we passed!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Margaret C
29th June 2009, 01:06 PM
Well done Kate,
As long as you did not get drenched as well.

Two very worthwhile charities.

Brian M
29th June 2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Kate

How will we pay the monies due will you PM us all,and well done on all your efforts for noble causes.:)

Wagtails
1st July 2009, 12:26 PM
Congratulations on raising so much for two such good causes, Kate - and glad to hear that you and the boys managed to stay cool in all that mugginess 8)

Will put a cheque in the post to you today. What would smaller charities do without the fundraising efforts of people like you? :-?

Well done Woofs and Wags from all my Wagtails too!b*n*n*

Marie-Anne