PDA

View Full Version : Fish Skin Chews

Cathy Moon
19th June 2009, 01:34 PM
Has anyone tried these? If so, approximately how long do they last until swallowed? Seems like a good price for 20-25 chews.
http://www.sitstay.com/dog/supplies/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=39791

I found the website of the woman in Iceland who owns this business :):
http://www.elinoras.com/index.htm

Justine
19th June 2009, 01:53 PM
Ohhh,Archie would LOVE them,i dont know if he would eat it but he most def.ROLL IN THEM,nice and smelly,just the way he likes it.My THUG>>>>

Claire L
19th June 2009, 01:55 PM
If they are anything like Fish4dogs (http://www.fish4dogs.com/Products/Sea-Jerky-Skinny-Strips.aspx) then they'll last all of ten seconds :p

Justine
19th June 2009, 02:11 PM
yer,they love fishy things.

*Pauline*
19th June 2009, 02:36 PM
Dylan has Fish4Dogs fish skins which are much chunkier than the ones in your link. They last about 5 minutes tops. Only problem is, I found him struggling with a fish bone last time he had one which put me off, thankfully not stuck in his throat or anything but had a job to get it off him. Wish I hadn't spent 14 on a huge box now.

Jay
19th June 2009, 05:51 PM
A few months ago, I got some free fish skin samples from the store where I buy my dogs' food. I really wish I had had a video camera up and ready. Three of my four dogs took the skins and ran off for a good chew. The other one, Monty, had NO CLUE what it was. I honestly think he thought it was a snake. He was extremely wary...he would sneak up and jump back, then sneak up and jump back. He would let out little warning yips. He really was clueless. My hubbie and I were in stitches watching him. This lasted for several minutes until Gem, the "inhaler", finished her skin and ran up and snitched it. I honestly can't remember, but I don't think that they lasted very long, but I have all "speeds" of chewers.... leisurely, normal and supersonic.
J.

Dublin
19th June 2009, 06:02 PM
I get the fish4dogs denal chews too - Cass eats hers in about 5 mins but Sparkys last about 15mins coz he chews slowly - much to Cassies disgust!

Phoebe
19th June 2009, 06:25 PM
Blimey Sonia, I can't believe Sparky eats them at such a leisurely pace,
Phoebe practically inhales them. She absolutely loves them and they seem to suit her dodgy tum which is great. I order a giant box off the internet and split it three ways between friends - much, much better value :thmbsup:
Pauline, we have never encountered any bones in fish4dogs stuff, but after what you said, I will keep an eye out just in case cos that's made me a bit wary.

Dublin
19th June 2009, 09:02 PM
Yeh, he's very leisurly with everything realy!!! He gets excited when the packet comes out & runs round like a thing possesed before I give it to him then takes it off to a mat & savours ever last chew of it!

Where do you order the big boxes from? is it directly from them? I wonder if they deliver to Ireland?

Karlin
19th June 2009, 09:04 PM
This lasted for several minutes until Gem, the "inhaler", finished her skin and ran up and snitched it.

:rotfl:

Phoebe
19th June 2009, 10:57 PM
Sonia, I order them from the fish4dogs website, their service is really good. I order the ones that look like a sort of bone shape, they have a little tie or knot at each end. Having tried their other treats, I would deffinitely say these last the longest. If you order the big box it means you are not paying for all sorts of daft packaging and you get a lot of them. As I said, we split the box three ways and they last for months.
Their little star shaped crunchies are excellent as training treats as well.

Dublin
19th June 2009, 11:15 PM
:( Unfortunatly they dont deliver to The Republic of Ireland.

Phoebe
20th June 2009, 01:17 AM
That's a shame. Perhaps you can persuade them by promising to buy a huge amount!!
Phoebe loves dried tripe as well, have you tried that? (It stinks to high heaven that's the only trouble, just don't grab them for kisses after they have had some:yuk:)

Cathy T
20th June 2009, 04:33 AM
I got some free fish skin samples from the store where I buy my dogs' food

Since you and I shop at the same store, I'm betting those are the same ones I have on top of my fridge ;) I haven't given them to do the dogs yet. I'll be curious to see what they think. Gem, Gem, Gem...you're too smart for own good, silly girl. :)

Dublin
20th June 2009, 07:28 PM
That's a shame. Perhaps you can persuade them by promising to buy a huge amount!!
Phoebe loves dried tripe as well, have you tried that? (It stinks to high heaven that's the only trouble, just don't grab them for kisses after they have had some:yuk:)

Yeh mine love the dried tripe too - I get it from Lidl whenever I shop there. My little radars know when ive been to Lidl!!!:jmp2:

Masterofsparks
23rd July 2009, 04:33 AM
OMG! I just took my two dogs to the lake on a camping trip this weekend and the lake level is down about 5 foot and I spent most of my time chasing them down removing dead fish carcases from their mouths....They were just like fish jerky from laying in the sun for weeks! UGH!

Charlotte
24th July 2009, 08:13 AM
I dont think Charlie would actually like them, i gave him fishy things before and he wasn't very enthusiastic :| He likes chicken things better, and meaty foods/treats