PDA

View Full Version : Early bird - Winter coats!!

Nicki
19th June 2009, 09:21 PM
I have been looking for these coats for ages since seeing them in a pet shop a few years ago and not buying it at the time :mad: Just found them by accident when looking for something completely different LOL

http://www.lamp-post.co.uk/products.php?cat=Coats&pg=10

16" padded dog coat with underbelly blue & green. Waterproof, windproof and washable, these new 'Full Underbelly' coats are a very practical and attractive addition to the 'Breathe-Comfort' range. Manufactured from the same quality 600D woven polyester in either a blue/green or tartan design these coats also have an adjustable neck fastening to make putting on even easier. They are manufactured with fully taped seamed edges and come complete with a padded lining for extra warmth and comfort.

Keeps the chest and belly clean and warm!! Excellent for oldies :D

Karlin
19th June 2009, 09:33 PM
Oh wow thanks for that link! I keep looking everywhere for coats that will cover the chest and belly and the ones I do have mostly don't fit right. Am ordering some of those.

Nicki
20th June 2009, 08:48 PM
Glad it was useful - let me know how you get on!!

I thought they look brilliant - and not too hot. I find the fur lined ones are always too hot, but want something that keeps them clean.

shippers
20th June 2009, 11:11 PM
Do you know if these coats can be worn with a harness? I find most coats can only be worn with a collar. I'm desperately looking for coats that have a hole on the back for the lead to attach to the harness underneath.

arasara
21st June 2009, 02:05 AM
I'm not sure if you're into Puppia coats, but I've found that most of mine have harness holes in the back. The only one that didn't was one of my XL Puppia ski jackets - in red. ALL of the other ones (even the ski jackets in beige, black etc) have had harness holes.

Nikki - that coat is great! It's amazing to have something cover the legs and belly! :) I can get away with the fleece lined ones up here because it gets way too cold!!

Karlin
21st June 2009, 01:07 PM
but want something that keeps them clean

the same for me --don't need warmth but to keep them dry and clean mostly as streets can get quite dirty in the rain and mine go out several times daily for a walk.

I have some Yap coats that are fairly nice but the heavier weight ones don't seem to fit very well to a cavalier shape. But they have sleeves on the front which helps keep feathering clean. It is amazing the difference the size of a dog makes -- small cavaliers just gather so much damp and dirt that a large dog would not be affected by as they are not so low to the ground!

leesanlucie
21st June 2009, 02:38 PM
I have the tartan ones for both my girls.
It keeps them dry and their tummy clean too.Very practical.