• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Here's an idea: Pringles cans

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Just gave an empty one to Jaspar and he spent a busy 20 minutes tearing it to pieces. :lol: Next time I will put some treats inside and then put the cap on and let him shred it. Funny how the expensive toys get ignored and a Pringles can is cause for great excitement. :rolleyes:

Yea, the home made toys are usually a hit here too. Hadn't thought of a Pringles can though. We'll have to see what the troops here think :)

My only fear is the incentive now to buy Pringles, which I only like once in a while! :)

So true...

Ollie waits patiently for the empty toilet-paper roll to chew & shred. Empty plastic water bottles are always a hit as well.

After Renate's posts on her home-made gadgets, I've been thinking about some easy things I could make. Karlin- the pringles can is a good one! Put a little hole in the lid, place small treats inside, and put the lid back on...voila!

Last edited:
Hi

Dont they chew and swallow the cardboard ,I think Poppy might and probaly Daisy but maybe not Rosie.:)

When Max was little I gave him toilet paper and paper towel rolls. They kept him occupied for ages. Now he shreds them too quickly. Pringle rolls might last longer though.

Mine just shred cardboard. They eat it sometimes too -- never any ill effects. If a dog ate a lot of cardboard though, I'd be cautious.

Two of mine would love this, Abigail and Jasmine, it's the thought of cleaning up after them that stops me icon_devil

We discovered lately our Rabbit loves pringles cans, theyre 4 times the size of her but she loves bangin them around.
Rex also loves them but only cos the rabbit tries to get them first :rotfl:

Koda and Bella LOVE paper towel and toilet paper rolls. You would think I had given them a big juicy treat! They shred it like crazy. Its a mess to clean up, but they have a great time. I will certainly try the Pringles can. I tend to have a few of those around, thanks to my 13 yr old son! Can't wait to see what they do with it! Thanks, Karlin!cl*p

How cute, would love to see a rabbit playing with a Pringles can! Sounds like a good subject for a YouTube video...

My Harley follows me into the bathroom to see if there is an empty toilet roll in the bin. He loves them. My other two couldn’t care less.

Although bad for the physique, I'll have to buy a can for them to try it out! ;)

One of my friends bought a toy for her dogs that you stick a beat up water bottle inside of and the dogs really seem to love it!

We have a can that's almost empty. I will def give it to them when it's finnished to see if they like it :D

Another thing Oz loves (he's the only one of my four with a destructive tendency) is the paper bags from the grocery store. I usually use them as recycling bags, but will sometimes let him tear one apart. He has great fun with it.

I sometimes give mine youghurt containers, not quite empty. There are ones in Lidl that are nice and wide so Prince enjoys finishing them off and then playing with the empty container (Belle does not enjoy working for any food, she's a lady dontcha know) :rotfl:

How cute, would love to see a rabbit playing with a Pringles can! Sounds like a good subject for a YouTube video...

I'll have to go buy pringles now ;) Its quite funny because its so big compared to her, she picks it up with her teeth and throws it about - its comical - I'll try record it next time

Max retrieved all of my wooden row markers from the garden after I planted seeds:sl*p: He thought it was great fun and now what is growing is a surprise. He also finds old plastic plant pots (from who knows where) and will have a heck of a time playing with them in the yard.

Back