PDA

View Full Version : Oprah: The Solution to CKCS SM in US

RodRussell
21st June 2009, 06:04 PM
Having read a bit recently about Oprah Winfrey's potential impact upon the dog fancy -- her unique ability to communicate with millions of television viewers and to shape their opinions -- I think the quickest and most thorough way to get Cavalier breeders in the US to MRI their breeding stock and follow the SM breeding protocol would be to give Oprah a Cavalier with CM/SM.

*Pauline*
21st June 2009, 06:49 PM
Whatever it takes. Am I right in thinking things are moving a lot slower than in the UK?

RodRussell
21st June 2009, 06:55 PM
Am I right in thinking things are moving a lot slower than in the UK?

That is my impression. It is all anecdotal, of course. Like the cold stares or blank looks you get from Cavalier breeders standing around the show rings when you ask them about MRIs at conformation shows.

Margaret C
21st June 2009, 11:39 PM
Having read a bit recently about Oprah Winfrey's potential impact upon the dog fancy -- her unique ability to communicate with millions of television viewers and to shape their opinions -- I think the quickest and most thorough way to get Cavalier breeders in the US to MRI their breeding stock and follow the SM breeding protocol would be to give Oprah a Cavalier with CM/SM.

Perhaps all American list members with a SM cavalier could write to her, tell her their stories & ask her to talk about the problem on her show?

maneumann
22nd June 2009, 04:34 AM
Brillant idea!

harleyfarley
22nd June 2009, 01:24 PM
We need a big name involved like Cesar Millan? di