• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oprah: The Solution to CKCS SM in US

RodRussell

Having read a bit recently about Oprah Winfrey's potential impact upon the dog fancy -- her unique ability to communicate with millions of television viewers and to shape their opinions -- I think the quickest and most thorough way to get Cavalier breeders in the US to MRI their breeding stock and follow the SM breeding protocol would be to give Oprah a Cavalier with CM/SM.

Am I right in thinking things are moving a lot slower than in the UK?

That is my impression. It is all anecdotal, of course. Like the cold stares or blank looks you get from Cavalier breeders standing around the show rings when you ask them about MRIs at conformation shows.

Having read a bit recently about Oprah Winfrey's potential impact upon the dog fancy -- her unique ability to communicate with millions of television viewers and to shape their opinions -- I think the quickest and most thorough way to get Cavalier breeders in the US to MRI their breeding stock and follow the SM breeding protocol would be to give Oprah a Cavalier with CM/SM.

Perhaps all American list members with a SM cavalier could write to her, tell her their stories & ask her to talk about the problem on her show?

Back