PDA

View Full Version : Leo for surgery AGAIN tomorrow

meljoy
24th June 2009, 03:17 PM
Once again Leo's anal glands are blocked and after 3 weeks of antibiotics and the vet trying to express them they have decided to do it under anesthetic. They did this last November.
I hate to see his little face when he doesnt have breakfast:(

Ive changed his food to Chappie to see if that helps...he loves it by the way. I usually give a dry food and so now he's on a soft one how often do you clean his teeth?

He's been really unhappy this week, not himself at all....giving little yelps every now again.......He seems a bit brighter today....I guess the Metacam pain killer they gave me has kicked in:D

Mel

Brian M
24th June 2009, 03:38 PM
Hi mel
So sorry to hear Leo has to undergo this op again I am sure like last time he will be OK ,it is surprising how many people feed Chappie it seems to be a very popular food that contains all the necessary nutrients .With regard to his teeth I have posted often regarding my nightly routine with my three girls which involves using six different items from toothpaste ,logic gel ,logic chew ,another gel then a spray and finally a tablet and a good nightly 40 minutes to do all three .:)

*Pauline*
24th June 2009, 09:20 PM
Chappy is full of fiber and really make a nice solid poo which should help. You should clean his teeth daily. I hope he'll be ok soon. Big cuddles from Dylan to his little bro.

tupup
25th June 2009, 09:38 AM
Good luck for today meljoy & Leo, i hope its over quickly for you both,take care:hug:

*Pauline*
25th June 2009, 06:59 PM
Any news Mel? I hope everything is ok :hug:

meljoy
26th June 2009, 06:53 PM
Hi,

All went well with Leo yesterday. The vet said his glands weren't as bad as they first thought which is good. I collected him yesterday evening and despite the advice sheet they gave me telling me how sleepy he would be; he bounded out of the surgery and ran around the garden when we got in !:sl*p:

He seems great today, although Ive had to bath him as what ever they washed his glands out with has oozed out and was all over his back end:eek:

Im glad he seems himself again and thanks for asking.

Mel

*Pauline*
26th June 2009, 10:13 PM
Glad Leo is feeling better now :)