• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

rally-o tests this coming week end

renate

this sunday we are competing in rally-o.
bella, sienna and frida in advanced class, kandis starting in beginners.
bella got a second in advanced class at our last competition, and now has the chance to become advanced rallymaster, 'ascending' to expert class.:xfngr:

the weather forecast is favorable, we are training and preparing as best we can, and so look forward to a lovely day with a lot of nice dogs and their 'people'.:)

today we were at another rally-o competition.

last week end bella advanced to expert class, frida and sienna passed their 2. tests in advanced class.

today bella passed her first test in expert class, frida and sienna advanced to expert class. sienna was 2. winner.

i am very proud of little sienna, who was attacked and bitten very badly by a big dog when she was ca. 5 mos. old.
this had an enormous impact on her, and it has taken 2 years to make her 'well' again.
today she really enjoyed herself, loved being in the ring and showing off. i was so pleased, so happy for her.

in the picture she is very tired, but 'still standing'....

28i69v6.jpg

Another well done to you & your girls they are all beautiful dogs & obviously a great credit to your training routine.:)

Congratulations Sienna :mexwav:

I'm so sorry to read that she was attacked :( It's your love and dedication that has gotten her through, so, Congratulations to you too Renate :flwr:cl*p

Oops! Congrats to Bella and Frida as well :mexwav:

thank you, for your kind words:thnx:

i have worked to beat siennas fears constantly for 2 years, and am so very pleased to see that finally we are getting somewhere, and she can have a good life quality, like the other three.

and it has at times been difficult to make people understand that patience and understanding is the only way to help her.
only 2 months ago i was in a training class where there was quite a lot of barking from the other dogs. no aggressiveness, just noisy behaviour.
sienna felt very insecure, did not heel when required, just walked behind me, sniffing the ground.
the trainer said to me: 'you should not accept this! if it where my dog, i would not stand for this kind of negligent behaviour towards me!' i looked at her uncomprehending and asked what she meant. 'how do you correct your dog when you are training at home?', she asked, 'this dog should be corrected for ignoring you'.
when i told her that i don't correct my dogs as a part of training, do not even ever use the word 'no' during training, she shook her head and gave up, saying: 'it is your dog, but you'll never get any results with her this way'.

well, snooks to her!!:)

:( That's so sad to read Renate. Obviously that person is a dog trainer for ALL the wrong reasons and I hope you didn't go back there. Good on you for not listening to her:flwr:

You clearly have incredibly well trained dogs and they always have happy faces so ignore the trainer, just look on it as a good chance to socialize with other dogs.

i continued the class with this trainer with bella instead of sienna.
she (the trainer) has some very useful hints and tips for the competition ring, which are very useful to me.

her ideas about training methods annoy me, but well, i don't have to adapt to them....

Back