• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newbies

Karen and Ruby

Hi im Karen and my little Cavie is called Ruby.She is 2 and half years and has had an up and down life so far. At the age of 18 months we found out she had a heart murmor- all be it a very very faint one- so faint that sometimes the vet cant hear it. then at 2 years we had her scanned for SM as my gut was telling me something was wrong and unfortunatly i was right and she has and already very progressed syrinx that is very wide. A fortnight ago we also found out that she has Luxating patella in just one leg but we cant operate due to the SM so she is on Cod Liver Oil and Glucosamine as well as her Meds for the SM and we are soing hydrotherapy once a week for now.

Hi Karen
And wellcome to you and Ruby ,sounds as though you have had a tough time but I am sure things will improve for you two
Warmest Wishes
Brian :)

Hi Karen, its just heart breaking isnt it, I hope the med keep her comfortable, harley has chontriotin, msm and glucomeine (sorry spellings not good) he has hip dysplasia and a bad chari malformation that gives him sm like syptoms so also on rimadyl. di

Back