• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thanks for good Samaritans

Sabby

I thought I have an early morning walk with my three this morning and I ask my friend to come along with her fife cavaliers. It’s not far from my house and it’s a beautiful place with three different lakes. I kept my two on the lead and just let Harley of the lead and my friend done the same as when you let them all of together they go a bit mad especially around water. Harley and her sister are normally ok of the lead but they were running around like daft and Harley’s sister likes to swim and Harley just stands at the edge of the water and barks at her. All of a sudden we just heard a crying more like screaming and we knew it was one of the dogs. I started panicking (I’m never any good in situations like this) when I went towards the crying I couldn’t even see Harley. On the opposite side of the footpath there is another little lake but with a really steep drop straight into the water and it’s so overgrown with stinging nettles and other stuff I couldn’t even see him let alone reach him. By then I was in major panic mode, the way he was crying I thought he might have broken a leg. There are always a lot of dog walkers about even this early in the morning. A woman on her bike stopped to see what was going on and my friend stopped a jogger to see if he could help. The lady gave me her bicycle pump to move the vegetation to see if I could find the dog. There was Harley standing in the water just his head sticking out and crying. The riverbank is so steep I said that I will have to jump in to get him out. The lady tried to grab Harley but she said that she cant reach him and she wasn’t far off falling in, so the guy held on to her and he held on to me and she managed to grab Harley the second time around. I was so grateful and couldn’t thank them enough. I am so thankful someone stopped to help. They will remember me this evening as there arms must have been covered in stings from all these stinging nettles.

Oh gosh, what a truly frightening experience for you and Harley, I agree thank god for good samaritans, I can understand how grateful you must feel towards them, as a good samaritan saved Gabby. I am so glad things turned out okay :).
Sounds like Harley is just as inquisitive as Gabby, must be something about rubies.
:hug: to you both and take care :flwr:

Jasper
I think you are right about ruby’s my other two would never get themselves into a situation like this. :sl*p:

Perhaps it IS something about rubies - my Oliver is adventurous (firmly on lead on clifftops and by fast-flowing rivers!), in fact I got him at a year old because he was jumping over his breeder's garden wall and disappearing into the Yorkshire countryside for hours! The up side is that he is totally confident and unfazed by anything.

Kate, Oliver and Aled (who is prone to follow his big brother anywhere!)

And I'm another with a naughty ruby. Amber has given us various frights including:
-taking herself for a walk around a fairly majorish road because the gate hadn't been properly locked and it swung open in the breeze

-chasing the cows in the field behind my mum's, and then getting bored and heading for a nice little patch of grass in the middle where she proceeded to graze. Meanwhile all the cows huddled at the other end of the field and eyed her suspiciously and we were jumping up and down like maniacs, waving treats.

-Trying to chase a boat that had a dog in it. Then realising a metre or so out that she couldn't feel the ground... she came back fast enough then!

Glad Harley is OK!

Back