PDA

View Full Version : thoughts needed for Roger

BIZA
29th June 2009, 10:14 AM
My 10yr old rescue boy who I've only had a year had a sort of fit yesterday and these episodes continued for only about a minute but he had a cluster of them so took him to the vets and he was sedated and was fine until 4am when the sedative wore off then he started panting and was twitchy but not the fit type he had yesterday anyway took him first thing to the vets and left him to have tests and xrays incase he has a tumour.He has always had a wonky front leg and the vet thought he was brain damaged. I know I've only had him a year but he is special. Please keep your fingers crossed for good news for later I'm so worried and in tears the other dogs don't know why and keep trying to make me laugh.

murphy's mum
29th June 2009, 10:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Roger is poorly.

We'll be thinking of you both today:flwr:

Please keep us updated on how he is:hug:

meljoy
29th June 2009, 10:43 AM
Thinking of Roger......it doesnt matter how old they are or how long you've had them in your life cavs have a way of getting under your skin....in a good way:hug:

Mel

Brian M
29th June 2009, 11:16 AM
Hi

And Best Wishes To your Special Boy ,I am sure everthing will turn out Ok

Warmest Wishes

and Kindest Thoughts:)

pippa
29th June 2009, 12:36 PM
Thinking of you and your boy and sending best wishes for a good outcome.

Margaret C
29th June 2009, 01:08 PM
Thinking of you and Roger.

Nicki
29th June 2009, 01:30 PM
So sorry to hear this news - he is obiviously very special and has been lucky to find such a caring guardian.

Sending lots of positive thoughts for Roger, I hope it is something that can be managed and he will be ok.

Cuddle the other doggies close - they will be confused but will be a comfort to you.

team bella
29th June 2009, 04:55 PM
It doesn't matter how long you've had him, cavs have a way of taking over your heart. Try to stay positive and I'm sure everything will turn out fine. We'll keep figures and paws crossed for you. :hug:

BIZA
29th June 2009, 06:23 PM
He's home but really nothing to report they did blood tests and the results wont be back till tomorrow when he will ring me. He still seems very confused and hasn't eaten anything which is very strange as he eats for britian but hope its just the disrubtion of his routine. He is still panting alot and is very reactive to noise. When a jet plane went over he started to twitch and really pant again. He is in the puppy pen as he is very aggressive to the rest of the dogs and the cats. Took him out for a wee and thats ok so fingers crossed that the blood tests will tell us something. Vet doesnt think that its a tumour so didnt xray but if tests come back ok will insist they are done as he certainly isn't my Roger

Sabby
29th June 2009, 06:24 PM
Thinking of you and Roger and hoping for a good outcome.
You only have to have a Cavalier for one day and they have taken your heart forever.

diddy
29th June 2009, 10:39 PM
Will keep your Roger in my thoughts. Hope tomorrow brings a better outcome for him. All the best.

BIZA
30th June 2009, 09:35 AM
Roger had another sort of fit last night after his evening meal.I phoned the vet and was annoyed becdause he then said it could be a tumour but couldnt do anything until the blood results come back later today.I'm really worried because my first cav had ton have a kidney removed when she was 1yr with a congenital tumour and when she was 8 her remaining kidney failed and she started having sort of fits and had to be pts before she had a mega fit.

team bella
30th June 2009, 10:51 PM
Any news on Roger ?

BIZA
1st July 2009, 08:50 AM
Good news on Roger his bloods came back with only higher white blood cells so it seems he has an infection so will be on antibiotics. His liver and kidney funtions are both ok so thats brilliant and his heart is ok to which the vet said for a 10yr old cav is unusual so fingers crossed everything should be fine also the weather is supposed to be cooling down soon and that may be a reason as well.

Margaret C
1st July 2009, 12:01 PM
I do hope the antibiotics work quickly and he will be back to his old self.

Brian M
1st July 2009, 12:15 PM
Hi

Well done BIZA and Roger some good news at last.

Sabby
1st July 2009, 06:15 PM
I am so glad that it's good news.

team bella
1st July 2009, 06:31 PM
Great news for you and Roger :w**h**:

cb2u
2nd July 2009, 02:14 AM
So happy for you and Roger (great name!). I hope he's back to his usual self in no time... :)

davey
2nd July 2009, 01:51 PM
Hi, thinking of u and roger, hope things have gotten a little better???:xfngr:

Claire L
2nd July 2009, 02:29 PM
sorry, only just seeing this now. So sorry to read that your poor little man has been so unwell. Hope the antibiotics do their stuff and get him back to himself soon :hug: Sending healing thoughts to Roger and hugs to you.

BIZA
3rd July 2009, 06:18 PM
Roger is much better especially today now its a bit cooler and i have a fan going most of the day and one in the bed room as well. He is back to eating for Wales and is first in the treat queque. Fingers crossed that when the antibiotica stop the infection has all gone i dont want that again especially when Indie was worried and so tried to eat him so i was haveing to seperate them all the time, they are seperated when i go out anyway because of the size difference.