• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

thoughts needed for Roger

BIZA

My 10yr old rescue boy who I've only had a year had a sort of fit yesterday and these episodes continued for only about a minute but he had a cluster of them so took him to the vets and he was sedated and was fine until 4am when the sedative wore off then he started panting and was twitchy but not the fit type he had yesterday anyway took him first thing to the vets and left him to have tests and xrays incase he has a tumour.He has always had a wonky front leg and the vet thought he was brain damaged. I know I've only had him a year but he is special. Please keep your fingers crossed for good news for later I'm so worried and in tears the other dogs don't know why and keep trying to make me laugh.

I am so sorry to hear that Roger is poorly.

We'll be thinking of you both today:flwr:

Please keep us updated on how he is:hug:

Thinking of Roger......it doesnt matter how old they are or how long you've had them in your life cavs have a way of getting under your skin....in a good way:hug:

Mel

Hi

And Best Wishes To your Special Boy ,I am sure everthing will turn out Ok

Warmest Wishes

and Kindest Thoughts:)

So sorry to hear this news - he is obiviously very special and has been lucky to find such a caring guardian.

Sending lots of positive thoughts for Roger, I hope it is something that can be managed and he will be ok.

Cuddle the other doggies close - they will be confused but will be a comfort to you.

It doesn't matter how long you've had him, cavs have a way of taking over your heart. Try to stay positive and I'm sure everything will turn out fine. We'll keep figures and paws crossed for you. :hug:

He's home but really nothing to report they did blood tests and the results wont be back till tomorrow when he will ring me. He still seems very confused and hasn't eaten anything which is very strange as he eats for britian but hope its just the disrubtion of his routine. He is still panting alot and is very reactive to noise. When a jet plane went over he started to twitch and really pant again. He is in the puppy pen as he is very aggressive to the rest of the dogs and the cats. Took him out for a wee and thats ok so fingers crossed that the blood tests will tell us something. Vet doesnt think that its a tumour so didnt xray but if tests come back ok will insist they are done as he certainly isn't my Roger

Thinking of you and Roger and hoping for a good outcome.
You only have to have a Cavalier for one day and they have taken your heart forever.

Will keep your Roger in my thoughts. Hope tomorrow brings a better outcome for him. All the best.

Roger had another sort of fit last night after his evening meal.I phoned the vet and was annoyed becdause he then said it could be a tumour but couldnt do anything until the blood results come back later today.I'm really worried because my first cav had ton have a kidney removed when she was 1yr with a congenital tumour and when she was 8 her remaining kidney failed and she started having sort of fits and had to be pts before she had a mega fit.

Good news on Roger his bloods came back with only higher white blood cells so it seems he has an infection so will be on antibiotics. His liver and kidney funtions are both ok so thats brilliant and his heart is ok to which the vet said for a 10yr old cav is unusual so fingers crossed everything should be fine also the weather is supposed to be cooling down soon and that may be a reason as well.

So happy for you and Roger (great name!). I hope he's back to his usual self in no time... :)

Back