• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sheepdog (Collie) Puppy Girl Name???

Harvey

We already have our beautiful boy Harvey who is almost 3, but we have decided that its time to get another dog. My husband grew up on a farm with his father a Shepherd for over 40 years! So we are getting a Border Collie as my husband had aleast 5 at any one time while growing up and would like one as a pet.

He has many years experience training this breed and i am sure that our new puppy girl and Harvey will become fast friends quickly!

But we are struggling to think of a name for her - can anyone help with suggestions??

3674758159_62195ffcd1.jpg

My old collie girl is Kez short for Kestrel as she was so fast and she was supposted to soar to the top in agility and obedience. She was brilliant shame about the handler!.I also like Havoc as thats what she will cause

I love the name Maggie for a border collie. A close friend had the best ever border collie named Maggie. She lived to the ripe of age of 17 and was just so sweet her entire life. I never spent time with her as a puppy or a youngster, but I'm sure she was energetic and fun.

Although from her picture, it looks like she's all black and white. You could call her Oreo - Rio for short.

I'm currently reading a wonderful book by David Wroblewski titled " The story of Edgar Sawtelle" and one of the dog names in it is Almondine.
Another couple : Violet (Vi for short) Tinder, Baboo :)

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions - we have also had suggestions of

Madison and Carrie

We are so excited about picking her up on Saturday we can hardly wait!!! :)

Cassie is a great name for a collie (not that im biased!)

How about Summer (as it is summer!)

I suggested Maggie before, but obviously I love the name Madison as that is what we named our ruby girl. She gets called Madison, Maddie, Madz, and Miss Madison.

How about Kelsey...
I think it's a lot easier to pick a boy's name than a girl's name.

I love the name Summer.. great suggestion! How about Misty or Daisy! Good luck! Let us know what you decide, and post pics as soon as you get her!!! :snap: I am so excited for you! She is a real beauty!

Update!!

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions!!

We are decided to call her Carrie, we love the name and we both love sex in the city so it seems apt!

We collected her on Saturday morning and she seems to have settled in extremely well already! Harvey has welcomed her in with open arms and she likes to follow him about abit!

This is a photo I took Saturday afternoon

3694287224_bd22cb8385.jpg

Back