PDA

View Full Version : Smelly Face

Gallo
1st July 2009, 10:11 PM
Hi..I have a 7 month old female,I have noticed she has a smell on her face like musty damp rag..Does anyone have any idea what this could be..its not her ears its more in the mouth area...Thanks:?

Karlin
2nd July 2009, 12:01 AM
It is probably the damp from her eyes, in which a yeasty growth can occur. Try gently wiping the area with a soft bit of cotton wool and water or you can buy eye cleaner. This is common in breeds like cavaliers and more common in puppies. Often it disappears in adults. Be sure to wipe away from the eyes themselves and never touch the eye. You can ask your vet about this too. Many people use special products like Eye Envy for cleaning eyes.

Mom of Jato
2nd July 2009, 05:27 PM
I bought a package of baby washcloths, and use a clean one dipped in warm water each morning to clean their eye area. When I'm done, they get a kiss on the nose- they actually look forward to it (I think ;)) each day.

Sabby
2nd July 2009, 07:51 PM
Hi..I have a 7 month old female,I have noticed she has a smell on her face like musty damp rag..Does anyone have any idea what this could be..its not her ears its more in the mouth area...Thanks:?

I am glad you brought this up. I have always wondered about my Ebony, she has a funny smell when I clean her eyes but my other two are ok.

Justine
2nd July 2009, 08:15 PM
Archie is smelly all round,his breath is not good either.