• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I am so annoyed!!!

davey

I honestly thought that it was not possible to have such ignorant ******** in the world!! Anyways, I managed to win the debate and we were gettin a new kc puppy..how exciting!! So i found a gorgeous puppy and decided id head off to look at her and her mom etc. When i got there,i wasnt impressed with their livin condition at all (i will accept that i am a bit fussy..but this was not good enough) firstly the puppy that was supposed to be b&t had white on her too...i wasnt overly bothered at that as i have no intention of breedin or showing, but when i asked to see the mom, i was not impressed!! The poor poor thing, she looked awful, kept air scratching, her front paw was in bits cos apparently a sod of turf fell on it when she was a pup..strange that the owner didnt notice her for weeks!! her back legs were bandy too....!! The owner proudly introduced me to the dogs daughter and granddaughter...when i asked what age she was i couldnt get a straight answer, then when i asked how many litters she had..he told me 1!!! I pointed out that was not possible, if her daughter and granduaghter make 2 litters and the current litter make 3!!!??? He got a bit red in the face! The owner never heard of any health probs with the dogs...he claimed their coats were shiny and that was a good sign....he didnt even know that ur supposed to use dog shampoo and not the regular pantene!!!! Then he showed me another litter that was the other dogs...and guess what..the sire was also the dogs dad. So the litter i was lookin at was apparently almost 7 wks old and the other litter 4 (I would actually put 4wks and 2wks ), when i was leavin with my €100 deposit still in my pocket and steam comin out my ears..the owner closed in the shed doors....lockin out both moms!!!
I am so upset and annoyed at everything i saw. I know it takes time to find a healthy pup and a decent breeder...but seriously...this was ridiculous!!

I hope ive not broken any rues her, havent mentioned where breeder was or any names, so hope thats ok:-?

Unfortunately there are many people like that out there. It just breaks my heart. :(
It must have been hard to walk away and leave the pups there.You done the right thing. If everybody would walk away then these people wouldn’t be in business for long.
I always say people who treat animals like that should live in them conditions they put the animals in just for one week and see how they feel after a week.
I know it sounds a bit extreme but I think it would be the best education for people like that.

I hate it, but your experience was probably pretty typical of BYBs. Thank goodness you are one of the responsible pet buyers to ask the questions you did and to ask to see the parents. Lots of people wouldn't, so good on you for walking away.

I've talked to a few BYBs on the phone and visited one on a rescue mission and it is just so sad that people view dogs this way. The one I visited was also a minister! He kept all his pens in his backyard which was adjacent to the church parking lot. I talked to one of his congregation members and asked him if he knew about all those dogs back there and he said "Yes, we hear them barking all the time." I asked him if he thought that was OK to have dogs outside all year in pens with no socialization and he just kind of looked at me like "What's the problem?" He and the BYB/minister viewed the dogs as livestock and thought it was perfectly OK to provide them with nothing but bare subsistence living conditions so he wouldn't lose his "investment." It is just sickening.

and people wonder why i prefer dog's to humans... sorry but this sort of thing REALLY annoys me

Good on you for walking away!

Will the dog warden do anything if you report it to them or the ISPCA??

It makes you sooooo mad to think of these idiots:mad:

Poor poor darlings:(:(
It makes me ashamed to be a human:mad: You did the right thing walking away but it must have been hard to. Can you report this to somebody?

Margaret C keeps a list of SM scanning, heart testing breeders -- I'd definitely suggest PMing her, and then only working with one of those, given the situation in the breed -- and as you know how awful it can be to care for a dog that develops symptomatic SM. Be sure to actually view both cardiac and MRI certs and with MRIs, be sure you know what they mean as some breeders can put 'spin' on their results. You want to be sure you know the meaning on a scan cert. (y)

You were right on every count to walk away from that place. Sadly they are not doing anything illegal in the way they care (or rather don't) for their dogs unless they are deprived of food and water and the shelter is inadequate.

If I saw dogs scratching I sure would walk away unless that owner could show me recent clear MRI certs.

Thanks a mill for that Karlin, I'll message her for sure. I was so cross...and also so tempted to steal them all too (altho that would have been a very bad move as I'd prob have been arrested)!! The scratchin was very bad...Thanks again...there is some hope :)

I'm glad you asked all those questions and didn't get sucked in. I hope Margaret will help you find your pup soon. Maybe you could ask the authorities to check out that kennel.

You did the right thing walking away but I know it must be hard to leave the poor little things. I just wish there was more control on breeding, these people are just getting away with abuse. It angers me soooooooooo much.:mad:

Margaret C keeps a list of SM scanning, heart testing breeders -- I'd definitely suggest PMing her, and then only working with one of those, given the situation in the breed -- and as you know how awful it can be to care for a dog that develops symptomatic SM. Be sure to actually view both cardiac and MRI certs and with MRIs, be sure you know what they mean as some breeders can put 'spin' on their results. You want to be sure you know the meaning on a scan cert. (y)

Davey has contacted me & I will help as much as I can.

There is an interesting thread on the breeders forum. Some of them obviously find it very worrying when pet buyers ask questions about health.

I am accused of being elitist ( among other things ) for keeping this list

http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=822&page=3

Back