• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Geocaching

Mindysmom

Has anyone done this? Early this morning Max and I headed off to a location about 200 metres away from my house on our morning walk. We couldn't find the cache (I blame Max). Later hubby and I took Max and Mindy a bit farther afield to look for a cache. We didn't find that one either. My Iphone got no service in the area so once we hit the parking lot we would never have found it unless it was sitting on the middle of the trail:rolleyes:. On the upside we found a wonderful hiking trail that I didn't know existed (which was my main reason for trying geocaching anyway). The dogs both had a ball and there was a shallow stream that even Princess Mindy deigned to get her feet wet in and walk along without ANY encouragement.

Although we apparently suck quite badly I figure this is a cool way to find new walks to go on with the doggies. I think we have an actual GPS at home somewhere and I'll be smart and copy the hints next time in case I can't get service on my phone. I am determined to find at least one cache!

We go geocaching all the time. It's taken us to some wonderful places we wouldn't have found. We geocached our way through the Florida Keys and got to visit places just off the beaten path. It allowed us to see the Keys in a whole new light.
We have a handheld GPS so we don't have to rely on phone service. It's so much fun once you find one. You'll be hooked. Start stocking up on little trinkets because at a lot of places you can leave something and take something else. There's usually a log book too.

Have fun!

Gretchen

I've never done this -- can you post a few links that might tell us more about what geocaching is about? Any good explanatory websites?

Back