• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

sleep tight my little angel

angelmommy

well this is gonna be hard to write but my baby girl angel went to the bridge on the 11th july 2009 somewhere between 5.30am and 9.30am. i dont know how to type how she went because it was very traumatic. she was only 2years old but basically she choked. my vet who owns cavaliers himself reckons that angels pallet in her throat moved to her throat and blocked her trachea. we are all devastated and it makes it worse knowin she went in such a traumatic way. my poor bindi is heartbroken so i bought her a kitten for company coz i really couldnt face another dog so soon. so far my plan is working and theyre getting along perfectly. problem now is i cant stand a house without a spaniel.im going crazy without my mad little buddy around and i need a bit o bounce back in my life. my friend has some cocker pups and she wanted to give me first refusal on the stud dogs owners pick of the litter and ireally couldnt refuse it just seems like fate and i need somewhere positive to redirectmy love. i know it seems very soon to get anothr dog but i need that spaniel attitude around and i cant even look at a cav without welling up at the moment so we will be picking faith up on the 14th. i am aware that faith could never replace angel and i dont want her to either. angel will always be my baby girl but faith will just help me through. hope im ding the right thing coz it feels right and imsure angel wouldnt want me to waste all this love that i could be giving another dog that needs it.

so ye anyways my little angel has grew her wings and became a real angel
she was sent down to saveme done her job and i guess shes been called back to join the angels now.

i will never forget her she really did save me when i was goingthrogh a very togh time in mylife and got me through so much in the last 2 years she truly is my little angel.

we gave her a lovely burial in the valleys. buried her with her fave teddy, fave blanket, one of her fave treats and a poem that i wrote for her and then i talk bindi for a walk in the country. i wanted bidi there for the burial becase they were inseperable

even though i dont have a cavvie anynore id still quite like to be part of the forum if thats okaii i love looking and reading about all your beauties and i really dont want this to be the end of my life with cavaliers i just cant face owning one right now yanno?

I'm so, so sorry.

Of course you are welcome to be here. :)

I'd ask your friend to let you make the final decision on a puppy just before the 14th. It can help to have a little time to think about what you want to do. If you feel an absolute commitment to a new little cocker then by all means go ahead. :) But don't forget the new pup will be your choice of breed and dog for a decade plus, probably until well past 2020, and be sure you really know it is this option, from this litter, at this time, that you want more than any other choice. (y)

I am so sorry. This must have been devastating for you.

I can understand how you must be feeling, and I am sure that any little puppy will find a place in your heart.

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how sad you all are right now. I know you love your dogs and, though Faith can't take Angel's place, I hope she brings you some comfort.

I'm so sorry to hear about Angel. I know how much she meant to you and how much of a saving grace she was for you. That's just so tragic to hear. Of course you're still welcome here :hug:you don't have to have one...just gotta love them in general :) I hope Faith is able to help you heal and bring you that spaniel attitude back to the house.

So sorry to hear of your tragic loss of Angel. She was with you for such a short time but her memory will hold dear in your heart forever.:hug:

Sounds like just what you need, you cant replace her, but it could distract your thoughts and redirect them into something thats going to appreciate your love. di

So desperately sorry to hear about Angel, this is just tragic :(

I can understand your need to have another Spaniel around, but please think carefully about a Cocker puppy - Cockers are VERY different from Cavaliers, they need a lot of exercise and stimulation, so make sure you are able to offer a lifetime commitment.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My only advice is to wait on getting another dog. We rehomed a rescue Cavalier to a woman just after a terrible loss, and she returned him because she was too overwhelmed still with sadness to deal with it. It may seem like fate, but really it is just timing. Your friend had a litter just as you lost your prescious Angel. The litter would still be there if Angel was...Take your time to grieve and then make a decision later on. I think you'll feel better in the long run. JUST MY OPINION!!!!!

So sorry

Hi, I'm so sorry to have read of ur tragic sad news, i know exactly how u feel, so my heart truly goes out to u. Ur friend is very kind offering u 1st choice, but just think carefully...ive been thinking bout gettin a cocker (i wanted a cav again, but still upset from my own loss, and bf wanted a cocker), anyways, got a lot of advice, and dunno..they are class dogs, but need LOTS of exercise, stimulation etc...as in WAY WAY more than a cav. I know what u mean by wantin a spaniel again, but maybe some time in the future and then if u got a cav a diff colour from angel??? Its entirely up to u of course, and i really hope that u are happy with whatever decision u make... I'm sure my little Happy Harry has met Angel at the bridge now and trust me, if he has, they are having lotsa fun
Take care..thinking of u and goodluck :)

Back