• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello

sadcavmommy

Hi

I'm new here and I have a 13 week old tri-color cavalier puppy named Luke. He is my first cavalier and I fell in love with him the first time I saw him. I searched for a cavie pup for months before I finally found a breeder that seemed suitable. There are no breeders where I live so I had to do my search exclusively online. It was much harder than I expected and at many points, I almost gave up. But I'm glad I didn't because my Luke has brought much joy to my life.

I found this board while looking for advice about aggressive behavior that I wasn't finding when finding traits about this particular breed. Luke is a very friendly and sweet puppy, but when my children are around he becomes a different dog.

I'm glad I found this forum because I enjoy reading about everyone else's cavies and seeing the pics.

scm

Hello and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to come for information, and also to share the love of our precious cavaliers. I doubt at 13 weeks your puppy is showing aggressive behavior. I don't think they have a mean bone in their body. ;) He is probably feeling the energy from the kids and wants to run, jump, bite, chew, etc. as puppies do. When mine were that age, I took them to puppy school where I learned along with the dogs. They even let children sit in the class so they could see how to teach them so the entire family was on the same page. He will go through all kinds of naughty puppy stages, but it is helpful to know how to work through them without getting upset. Good luck, and enjoy this time while he is little. They grow so fast! We'd love to see pictures when you get a chance. :)

Hello and Welcome to the forum!

CavalierTalk is a great forum, where you will find useful information.

Please post some photos of your puppy! :snap:

Back