• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

my dogs are amazing.

sarahso

my dad passed away last week, though he had been a little unwell we had no idea how bad he was & it came as a massive shock to us all.

my dogs have kept me going, and i just wanted to share with you all how when times are really tough & you feel so lost just how amazing they are.

if it wasnt for my 3 i dont know what i would have done, they have helped me get through this past week.

Poppy helped my dad just before he passed, she would stay with them for a while whilst i was at work and it has made me think that poppy came to us for a reason.
we used to have a cavalier we all adored my dad included & i feel she had brought him some lovely memories before he went.

they have been there for me, all three, with a kiss and a snuggle when i needed it and i am so grateful that they have been as i feel so lost.

I'm sorry about your loss. Cav's are wonderfully sensitive dogs. They seem to "know" when we need them the most.

so sorry to hear about your dad, but it is lovely that your dogs have brought you comfort, they are more clever than people realise, they know when you are upset and are a great support. One of mine (Lottie) knows straight away if i am unwell or upset, and she will stay with me until i am better. Last year i was quite depressed, and i agree that they keep you going. just keep thinking about those lovely memories, take care. x

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I know how hard that is, having just lost my Dad in May :( but am so glad Poppy brought your Dad some comfort and they are all now are comforting you. I find when I'm feeling sad/stressed/upset.....if I just sit quietly for 15 minutes petting the dogs I begin to feel so much better. They really are "comfort" spaniels.

I'm so sorry you lost your Dad :hug: These little creatures seem to know just how we feel. I'm glad your three have been a comfort to you.

I'm sorry to Cathy too, I didn't know about your Dad. :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss of your father.

We all know it is hard to lose someone who we love so much, but it great that you have had comfort of from your dogs. :hug:

How difficult a time this must have been for you; I am so sorry for the loss of your father. You are right about how comforting our dogs can be. It is just wonderful that Poppy offered some special joy to your father while he was ill. That will be a nice memory for you as well. :flwr:

So sorry to read about your father, nice to know that your dog gave him comfort towards the end, I do think that they are a great comfort, I don`t know what I would have done without Jasper, he saw me through my father`s illness and death, my mother`s dementia and my own health problems, they are wonderful comforters, he`s always there for me.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father, and Cathy's father also.:( It is so hard to get through difficult times, and I agree that these precious little dogs are so intune with how our moods are. It seems when we are "up" the dogs are also happy and ready to go and play. When we are ill, or sad about something, they just become the ultimate comfort spaniels and won't leave our sides.

They are truly little gifts from God!

Sorry about your Dad. Im glad that both he and you had some relief from Poppy.
I think you're right she came to you for a reason:hug:

Mel

So sorry to read about the loss of your father. It is amazing how comforting our little bundles of fur can be during such a difficult time. I always say mine are so in tune with me, and know just when to give extra love and attention. :d*g: Take care. :hug:

Sorry to hear your sad news, but glad to hear that your dogs can give you some comfort & cheer in such a bad time, they are wonderful animals.:hug:

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.
Dogs know when you need an extra cuddle, :hug:and I am glad yours have brought you comfort in this sad time. I certainly would be lost without mine. In sad times there the only thing that makes me smile.

Back